anon2319321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I applied for maths because I thought that I had a decent shot but looking back I sort of regret it because I only recieved a 9 in maths, an 8 in triple sciences, rs and comp sci. I got 2 6s in geography and german and 5s in english. I was thinking they weighed predicted grades more though and my predicted grades are A* in FMA, A* in Maths, A in comp sci, A in Physics. I also searched my postcode and it was Quntile 1 in Polar 3, 4, Adult HE. Quintile 2 in Tundra and my household income is less than £25000 per annum. I am asking if my chances are greatly diminished thanks to my GCSE results so that I can change my desired destination.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If there's no certain gcse requirement for your course or you meet that specific grade requirement, you'll be fine. Don;t regret it because you still do. They don't really consider A levels predictions in this tbh and it's more dependent on your social mobility (i.e. things that could disadvantage you going to uni). The main requirement is to be in yr 12 (in england) and attend a state school and you'll be eligible. However, you still have a decent chance but, due to it's competitive, you have to meet more of their additional requirements to have a better chance. For what you mentioned, you meet the requirements of 5 6-9 gcse grade and live in a neighborhood with a low rate of progression to higher education or a high level of socio-economic deprivation so you still have a good chance. Your household income may be considered but I'm not too sure. However, your gcse results wont drag your application down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.69%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (21)
10.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.53%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.62%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.56%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise