Leeds Beckett vs Sheffield hallam

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have recently applied to University and have as of yesterday received all offers back. My two favourites have always been leeds beckett uni and Sheffield hallam, however, the offer I received from Leeds is an unconditional whereas the one at Sheffield is a conditional with grades I am getting more and more nervous about achieving. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice between the two universities or about individual ones or the cities as a whole as I am really unsure of what decision to make, thanks
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have recently applied to University and have as of yesterday received all offers back. My two favourites have always been leeds beckett uni and Sheffield hallam, however, the offer I received from Leeds is an unconditional whereas the one at Sheffield is a conditional with grades I am getting more and more nervous about achieving. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice between the two universities or about individual ones or the cities as a whole as I am really unsure of what decision to make, thanks
For what course?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
For what course?
It is Sport Coaching
jgoswell
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My sister is at SH and she really loves it. Could you go on an offers holding applicant day? or just go on a day trip to each city and see which one you prefer? Also, can you not firm the unconditional and then if you make the grades for Sheffield Hallam you can always get released and go there if you want to.
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I'm really pleased to hear you're interested in studying here at Sheffield Hallam!

It is a difficult decision when you're torn between two options, but there are ways to discover what is the best choice for you, so don't worry. If you are predicted the grades Hallam are asking for then that's a great start and if you decide you're most passionate about Hallam, you'll need to have a bit of faith in yourself, speak to your tutors to find out what else you can be doing to help with your grades and work hard! Everyone gets nervous for exams, all you can do is prepare the best you can!

I'm sure you've done research into our Sports Coaching course on our online prospectus, so here is a quote from one of our students studying this degree: "After being on a course that wasn't to my liking in first year, I really didn't think that any university course could ever be enjoyable. Then I made then I found Sports Coaching - I am finally on a course that is so enjoyable that I actually want to get out of bed to go into uni! Changing courses to SC was one of the best life decisions I have ever made." - Jemima Owusu, Sports Coaching graduate

Our Sports Coaching students even went on a trip to Tanzania on a 7 week placement to put their coaching skills into practice in schools and inspire children to stay active! You can see a video about this here.

Hallam has recently won University of the Year for Teaching Quality in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 and we are ranked 4th in the country for student satisfaction with opportunities to apply your learning.

If you want to know a bit more about student life at Hallam and in Sheffield you can find out more here and here. :cyber:

As jgoswell has said, you can attend our course open days which you can book onto here to find more about your course, talk to tutors and students and explore Sheffield a bit more - it really is an incredible city with so much going on! Our first one is on Sunday 2nd Feb.

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can help with
- Ella :wavey:
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads