Is getting a haircut once a week weird? Watch

Zed03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
I have the comb over fade with shaved sides if you look at my profile. So I get ya. But I doubt ppl will mug you off if you let it grow for like two weeks. It don't look sharp though, true lol
Yh you have a similar trim to me so u get it lol. A lot of people have different styles though so the time they get it cut doesn't really correlate to me
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by FurtherMaths2020)
Everyone is different and has different styles - if I have the time, I will have a haircut once every 2 weeks, and I'll style my beard twice a week. however, I can get away with having a haircut once a month because of the style of my hair - it's long.
Yep different styles different cutting times
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannychica)
Define “normal”

If it makes you feel fresh and confident, go for it and don’t worry about what others think! I would say it’s a little expensive rather than weird, but it’s your money and you do what you want with it.
Yep the feeling of a new haircut is the best feeling in the world
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Sounds like a waste of money personally, but if you enjoy it then you do you.

I only get mine cut around every 7 weeks.
Every 7 weeks is pretty quick for a female if you keep it maintained between cuts
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The amount you're spending each week would add up to be quite expensive surely? There must be better stuff to spend money on. Or it could be saved if you cut down on the haircuts
Depends whos paying for them I suppose.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably every like 2 months lmao.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I could imagine hair being treated/ styled/ dyed once a week, celebrities probably do this, but having it cut weekly I think is a bit excessive. Perhaps you can invest in a quality shaving/ grooming kit or something of the sort to achieve the look you like but without going to the barber’s once a week. I have my hair cut usually 4 times a year but pay £25 so a medium price.
Last edited by Deggs_14; 1 week ago
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You would be better off learning to do it yourself at that price, you won't be living with your parents forever.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Every two months or so. And mine is shorter than yours.

Not making light of it, but your behaviour sounds closer to OCD than anything else. It's not rational to get it done that often.
Future Physics
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zed03)
Because I was reading the other threads and people were saying crazy stuff like once every 2-3 months. Just the thought makes me shudder😂😂
I get my haircut once every 6-8+ months so I save so much money but I never knew people people were getting it done every week. 😅
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not even once a decade
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chronoscope)
The amount you're spending each week would add up to be quite expensive surely? There must be better stuff to spend money on. Or it could be saved if you cut down on the haircuts
Depends whos paying for them I suppose.
I'm paying for it, that's the reason I'm getting it cut every week I would never make my parents pay for it that would be stupid
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I could imagine hair being treated/ styled/ dyed once a week, celebrities probably do this, but having it cut weekly I think is a bit excessive. Perhaps you can invest in a quality shaving/ grooming kit or something of the sort to achieve the look you like but without going to the barber’s once a week. I have my hair cut usually 4 times a year but pay £25 so a medium price.
I wouldn't be able to cut my hair myself, the barbers is a 2 minute walk from my house so it's more like a weekly routine
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Every two months or so. And mine is shorter than yours.

Not making light of it, but your behaviour sounds closer to OCD than anything else. It's not rational to get it done that often.
OCD? That's interesting because most of my friends get their haircut every 1 - 2 weeks do they have OCD too? Maybe it's the culture difference, upbringing and surroundings
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
You would be better off learning to do it yourself at that price, you won't be living with your parents forever.
Yes I won't be living with my parents forever but I will find ways to fit in that weekly haircut someway or another
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zed03)
I get a haircut once a week maybe even every 4 days and my parents find it very odd and call me crazy but I don't think that's the case. My haircut style is a medium fade on the side and a 5 blade on the top not too short but short a bit like a crewcut. Every time I get a haircut it gives such a good feeling like a fresh feeling and adds confidence. I also pay for them with my own money and it's £12 a cut

I wanted to know how often people cut their hair and what their hairstyle is and if once a week is abnormal.
Getting a haircut once a week pretty much sounds abnormal but I shouldn't really judge. I personally get a haircut every 4-6 weeks as my hair does grow back quite quickly and I don't like leaving my hair too long.
Zed03
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Getting a haircut once a week pretty much sounds abnormal but I shouldn't really judge. I personally get a haircut every 4-6 weeks as my hair does grow back quite quickly and I don't like leaving my hair too long.
What hairstyle do you go for?
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My brother has his hair cut every 6 weeks - he has very thick hair but a very low maintenance style (4 on the sides, 5 on top).

To me it sounds like an unnecessary luxury to get it cut so often, but then if you like the style, go for it I guess. :dontknow:
Zed03
Rep:
?
Name:  IMG_20200109_133215.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  51.7 KBName:  IMG_20200109_133126.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  34.5 KB

If everyone is wondering these are my recent haircuts I normally Interchange the style every few months
Attached files
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Not even once a decade
Next time I see you I'm gonna cut your hair in your sleep.

3 on the back/sides every 6-7 weeks. Or that's what I aim for. My schedule is pretty packed so it sometimes gets left longer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (78)
14.1%
1 (71)
12.84%
2 (68)
12.3%
19.71%
22.06%
18.99%

Watched Threads