shahbazsheikh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys,
I have been selected for the JP Morgan assessment centre for their Financial Services program in London on the 15th Jan. I am unsure what the assessment centre will consist of, it is only 3 hours so I'm guessing just a few group activities? Has anyone got any advice for this or a better insight into what the day will entail, would be much appreciated.
student1602
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by shahbazsheikh)
Hi guys,
I have been selected for the JP Morgan assessment centre for their Financial Services program in London on the 15th Jan. I am unsure what the assessment centre will consist of, it is only 3 hours so I'm guessing just a few group activities? Has anyone got any advice for this or a better insight into what the day will entail, would be much appreciated.
Hiya, I had my assessment centre in Bournemouth a few days ago- it consisted of two group exercises (prioritising things in case studies etc) and one Q&A session with current apprentices, so nothing you can really revise for! Active participation in these exercises is the key to stand out! And ask good questions hope this helped!
shahbazsheikh
Rep:
?
Hi there, thank you so much for your reply that it a great insight, I really appreciate it. Please keep me updated on the outcome, it would be great to stay in touch 👍🏽
student1602
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there, thank you so much for your reply that it a great insight, I really appreciate it. Please keep me updated on the outcome, it would be great to stay in touch 👍🏽
glad i could be of help...you applied to any other apprenticeships?
shahbazsheikh
Rep:
?
Yes JPM is my first choice however I have an AC for the EY transactions program on the 17th. I am currently applying for the KPMG 360 and GES-DAP apprenticeships, i’m usually quick with my applications however been working 6 days a week on top of college to been slowed down. Also waiting for others to open. I previously had an invite to IBM AC however withdrew my application as it was not for me just a back up I never would’ve done. How about yourself have you applied for any others?
student1602
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes JPM is my first choice however I have an AC for the EY transactions program on the 17th. I am currently applying for the KPMG 360 and GES-DAP apprenticeships, i’m usually quick with my applications however been working 6 days a week on top of college to been slowed down. Also waiting for others to open. I previously had an invite to IBM AC however withdrew my application as it was not for me just a back up I never would’ve done. How about yourself have you applied for any others?
JPM is like my third choice so i'm not too mad if i don't get it- have an offer for EY's assurance programme and have an AC for PwC's flying start degree. I was gonna apply for KPMG yesterday but i didn't, seeing as I probably wouldn't choose it out of my options!
shahbazsheikh
Rep:
?
That’s great news about your EY offer. I was applying to PWC’s management consulting scheme a couple months ago however not taking my application any further as it is not offered in London and I want to move down there. The flying start degree’s are really good schemes, if you were to do that which uni you thinking to go?
student1602
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That’s great news about your EY offer. I was applying to PWC’s management consulting scheme a couple months ago however not taking my application any further as it is not offered in London and I want to move down there. The flying start degree’s are really good schemes, if you were to do that which uni you thinking to go?
haha same, the EY one is in the canary wharf office! I'm hella nervous to move out to London on my own, seeing as i wouldn't have student accommodation with an apprenticeship. How do you plan to deal with that? And I've currently applied for the one in Birmingham cos I liked its course (in technology).
shahbazsheikh
Rep:
?
Yeah i’m from Manchester but feel like London is the place for me so i’m excited to move down there. I’ve got used to stepping out my comfort zone and i’m very independent so not really got any worries about moving anywhere on my own. My only concern in London is the living costs but i’m not too worried about that it’ll be manageable. If I were you I wouldn’t worry though, it might be a challenge at first but when you look back on it you’ll see it really changed you for the better.
student1602
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah i’m from Manchester but feel like London is the place for me so i’m excited to move down there. I’ve got used to stepping out my comfort zone and i’m very independent so not really got any worries about moving anywhere on my own. My only concern in London is the living costs but i’m not too worried about that it’ll be manageable. If I were you I wouldn’t worry though, it might be a challenge at first but when you look back on it you’ll see it really changed you for the better.
damn I'm relatively close by, in comparison 🤣 so ur chill to move down, knowing no one?! I think, if I pick the EY programme, I'm going to email in and ask around for others moving to London, just so we can meet up before and get a place in the same block or something 🤷🏽*♀️
shahbazsheikh
Rep:
?
Yeah I’ll be fine and that’s a good idea would ensure you still get a taste of the uni lifestyle as well as feel more comfortable
student1602
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah I’ll be fine and that’s a good idea would ensure you still get a taste of the uni lifestyle as well as feel more comfortable
lol true thanks its been nice to talk to someone in a similar position to me
ProAndrewHD
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyone attending the JP Morgan assessment centre on the 16th Jan from 13:00 to 15:00??
kubzJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student1602)
Hiya, I had my assessment centre in Bournemouth a few days ago- it consisted of two group exercises (prioritising things in case studies etc) and one Q&A session with current apprentices, so nothing you can really revise for! Active participation in these exercises is the key to stand out! And ask good questions hope this helps
thank you so much for your response regarding what AC consists of. Have you found out if you are going through to next round yet? Kindest Regards
student1602
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kubzJ)
thank you so much for your response regarding what AC consists of. Have you found out if you are going through to next round yet? Kindest Regards
Yes! I’m going to the insight evening tomorrow in Bournemouth...I was informed the week after the AC
G_Sense
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, I just got an email from JPM saying that I'm selected for the Assessment Center round but it will be done virtually probably due to the coronavirus outbreak. I'm in Singapore and I noticed the format is a little different than that in the UK? It says there's a 40min group case exercise and then 2 rounds of individual interview of 25mins each. What should I expect? Should I read up some finance lecture notes I got from school? Thanks!
Last edited by G_Sense; 4 weeks ago
Geboers8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anyone apply for the Corporate and Commercial Banking apprenticeship at Santander?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (281)
33.94%
No (547)
66.06%

Watched Threads