Turn on thread page Beta

Thicko for thicko, boffin for boffin watch

ReputationRep:
    Reckon if a thicko ends up in relationship with a boffin it'd last?

Would intelligence make a difference in a relationship for you -

Does a person you want to date have to be clever, or is a thicko suffice, and erm do you consider yourself clever, dim or somewhere in between?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)

Does a person you want to date have to be clever, or is a thicko suffice, and erm do you consider yourself clever, dim or somewhere in between?
    Out of interest did the 'how can girls play a part in the bedroom' thread influence you to make this thread by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    Out of interest did the 'how can girls play a part in the bedroom' thread influence you to make this thread by any chance?
    What thread?

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather they be at least moderately clever as I get frustrated otherwise. Then again if they're as clever as/smarter than me I become intimidated. Can't win.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence is a MUST in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redluc)
    Intelligence is a MUST in a relationship.
    What type of intelligence? Academic ability? Common sense? Emotional intelligence? Social intelligence?

ReputationRep:
    One girl I was talking to made the claim that heating up a man's testicles before sex will guarantee any offspring to be female. When I attempted to strike her down she made the claim that 'It works because my mum did it and I'm a girl'. I knew at that point I could never be intimate, or even have any kind of friendship with her. So yes, I don't think I could be in a relationship with an unintelligent person.

ReputationRep:
    What type of intelligence? Academic ability? Common sense? Emotional intelligence? Social intelligence?
    general

ReputationRep:
    general
    General knowlegde?

Actually I know what you mean, intelligence in general.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is easily as intelligent as i am, and i think its best like that because i think you get more interesting conversation that way.

ReputationRep:

well my brother is what id consider fairly clever but he is going out with a girl who is LITRALLY as dumb as a post "wendy how do you spell also, is it to l's ?" " how old do you have to be to drink alchohol?" {she is 17} i genrally feel the need to slap her....

&&& im seeing a guy who is a bit well not very intelegent... also dumb as a post, which reallly bugs me, but not everyone's perfecto i spose'

x meoww

ReputationRep:
    General knowlegde?

Actually I know what you mean, intelligence in general.
    lol. Although general knowledge may work for some - like pub quiz enthusiasts. Like them two nutters from Early Doors

ReputationRep:
    A similar level of intelligence would be ideal

ReputationRep:
    I hate the word "boffin", it makes me want to strangle someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    I hate the word "boffin", it makes me want to strangle someone.
    That made me laugh hahahaha - Boffin is a rate good word :yy:

(Original post by No Future)
    A similar level of intelligence would be ideal
    Same for me
    I don't want to feel like im talking to a brick wall all the time

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could say I'm open-minded about this, but from experience, intelligence matters. I feel a bit pretentious saying it, but my ex and I definitely weren't on the same level in terms of academic or emotional intelligence, or even common sense. I often felt like I couldn't discuss certain things with him, or be myself around him. I think it was subconsciously one of the reasons I broke up with him. My current boyfriend and I are much better suited in this way, and it really DOES make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer to be in a relationship with someone of similar intelligence. I probably wouldn't mind too much if they weren't, but it might be problematic if we were too different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by searchingforeudaimonia)
    well my brother is what id consider fairly clever but he is going out with a girl who is LITRALLY as dumb as a post "wendy how do you spell also, is it to l's ?" " how old do you have to be to drink alchohol?" {she is 17} i genrally feel the need to slap her....

&&& im seeing a guy who is a bit well not very intelegent... also dumb as a post, which reallly bugs me, but not everyone's perfecto i spose'

x meoww
    I agree, imperfections are not something that put you off. My ex was a might dumber than me, but I did care about her, and it wasn't that that was the cause for our seperation, well I don't think it was
    so yeah, good call -

What's meow about? lol

ReputationRep:
    Being equally matched in attractiveness and intelligence are important factors with regards to the longevity of a relationship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.