Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Id still display L plates anyway because then wouldn't people be more careful?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, i dont think they really care if you have L plates or not half the time, If you got a motorbike and displayed Lplates you may find you get pulled over by the police as they might think your riding a bike thats too big for a learner. Also if you have a ped with Lplates generally i tihnk they assue your gonna be suicidal like the 16 yo boys who have the ped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessx)
    Id still display L plates anyway because then wouldn't people be more careful?
    I was treated very badly on the roads for the 2 weeks I had l plates.. honked at for nothing, people dangerously overtaking, driving too close... disappeared when I removed them!! (Passed my test first obviously)

PS If you have your full license I believe it is illegal to have l plates on.

PPS Get a branded motorbike/moped (ie: suzuki, yamaha, honda) you won't regret it. My bet is that think in your link will pack up the day after your 12 month warranty expires.

ReputationRep:
    I had a 50cc bike when I was 16, I do not regret it at all. I don't know what I would have done without it. Sounds like you are older than 16 so you could have one up to 125cc with the CBT. This would not be so slow and underpowered. Without being technical the cc number is the size of the engine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_cool)
    I had a 50cc bike when I was 16, I do not regret it at all. I don't know what I would have done without it. Sounds like you are older than 16 so you could have one up to 125cc with the CBT. This would not be so slow and underpowered. Without being technical the cc number is the size of the engine.
    Hiya,
    yeah I turn 18 in a month. I thought cc was the litres of the fuel it could hold! Lol. I've been looking at some websites and if I'm not wrong, the smallest you can get is 50cc? I think this would be enough - all I want to do is go at around 30mph, I wouldn't be taking it on the motorway or use it at rush hour. It's more of a pleasure thing rather than something I'd use for the daily commute so I'm not too bothered about it being powerful. x

ReputationRep:
    Yes a 50cc is the smallest you generally get. I certainly would not want anything smaller anway lol. You won't go any more than 30 on one. If you want a 50cc, do not get a 4 stroke and get a proper japanese one ie. Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha there are a few other fine ones but avoid cheap unknown chinese ones.

ReputationRep:
    Just read what talya said above, do not get one from that website you posted. Your best be is a used one to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Even if you just want to commute around at 30mph, I would seriously recommend doing your CBT on a 125cc and getting a 125cc. 30mph is a comfortable speed on a 125cc but on a 50cc it is really pushing the engine.

ReputationRep:
    cc is enhine size, honestly i dont know much about peds, but if i had a choice i would get something that can reach thirty easily, and go above just as if thats the speed your doing you want a comfortable ride

I would also like to say talyas telling you to get a motorbike - this was the girl who orginally wanted a moped. *talya dont kill me*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    I would also like to say talyas telling you to get a motorbike - this was the girl who orginally wanted a moped. *talya dont kill me*
    TSR (and Bathwiggle) helped me see the light, and I hope it will help the OP too!!

ReputationRep:
    Would "the light" be in the form of two halogen headlamps attached to an oncoming car?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.