Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Awesome, support England? This second test is not going so well huh. :woo:
    yeah, of course!

i missed most of todays action but if yesterday was anything to go by we are screwed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basil Hallward)
    Big Brother is as dull as ditchwater.
    way duller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    Holy crap - You're like my double.
    Out of the sports you do like. Are football and tennis and golf in there, but you prefer playing if you get chance? And swimming. If so give me my personality back, you've nicked it.
    Are you really a girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Are you really a girl?
    You trying to say girls and guys can't like some of the same stuff?

Sexist :p: ha

ReputationRep:
    Listening to people talk about their religion.

ReputationRep:
    -Studying literature. Not the actual literature (well, there're some things I'd find boring) but studying it to death, hence why I hated English lessons.
    -Some aspects of History, I guess. A lot I find interesting, but I hated analysing the sources and what they showed...
    -I guess this means I hate analysis of things I don't think are that necessary to analyse...though I know for Historians it's important.

-Sport I generally find boring. I can follow what happens, but I'd find it hard to sit and watch a football match, for example.
    -Techie talk, to some extent. Once it gets beyond a level I don't understand I find it boring really.
    -Things that I've heard lots of times before...things someone goes on about, so it gets tedious. Well, it depends what it is, but if the same thing's said over and over again then it's boring.
    -Many adverts on TV...I just don't care for them. Get on with the programme!!

-Essays, unless they're about something I love. But seeing as my favourite subjects don't tend to involve essays, I generally hate essays. I must admit though I did really get into one of the essays I wrote in my English GCSE, though I did have a lot to write-about smoking.

Yeah, there're quite a few things I find boring, when I think about it.

ReputationRep:
    sudoku. yawwwwn.

I find culture [and all it includes] incredibly fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    You trying to say girls and guys can't like some of the same stuff?

Sexist :p: ha
    Hey, I never said it was bad!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I never said it was bad!
    good job - :rolleyes: :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    So true, religious debate is so tedious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    or their lack thereof

ReputationRep:
    Interesting: Physics(esp. Quantum physics), Love cricket, motorsport and going to airshows.

Boring: Biology, english any arts subject. Reading and watching films.... so dull. Oh and stupid reality TV!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum Honisett)
    Interesting: Physics(esp. Quantum physics), Love cricket, motorsport and going to airshows.

Boring: Biology, english any arts subject. Reading and watching films.... so dull. Oh and stupid reality TV!
    How are you going to learn quantum physics if you don't read?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    yeah, of course!

i missed most of todays action but if yesterday was anything to go by we are screwed!
    I support England but I think we England lose this test. Hopefully can win 3rd and 4th tests.

Who thinks team should be:

(1) Strauss
    (2) Cook
    (3) Pietersen (c)
    (4) Ramprakash
    (5) Bell
    (6) Prior (Wk)
    (7) Flintoff
    (8) Broad
    (9) S.Harmison
    (10) S.Jones
    (11) Sidebottom

Or pretty close to that

ReputationRep:
    Sports, Heat magazine stuff, politics, current affairs, 'the radio', 'the TV', my mother telling me what she did with her day, and corn flakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Sports, Heat magazine stuff, politics, current affairs, 'the radio', 'the TV', my mother telling me what she did with her day, and corn flakes.
    harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodybuilder22)
    I order you to take that back!
    haha, i refuse!
    if i ever hear, "let's play uno!" when my friends and i have nothing else to do, i mentally sigh. so dull. unless it's uno extreme :yep: :woo:

EDIT: i forgot to mention things i found totally NOT boring!

debating/arguing my point
    analysing stuff - literature, art, theatre
    foreign languages
    cooking
    architecture

ok, there's the geeky stuff over with.

sale shopping (unless stuff is strewn across the floor)
    music with guitar or piano in, and a weird lead vocal/vocal
    deconstructing lindor chocolates and eating them
    origami animals >.<
    writing letters to friends across the world

ReputationRep:
    harsh
    Why? She tells me exactly when she set off to go to Tesco, and who she saw in Tesco, and what she did when she got back, and whether Ready Steady Cook was good or not (and whether she skipped watching the Quickie Bag because it was a dessert). Why is that harsh? She doesn't ask me what I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Why? She tells me exactly when she set off to go to Tesco, and who she saw in Tesco, and what she did when she got back, and whether Ready Steady Cook was good or not (and whether she skipped watching the Quickie Bag because it was a dessert). Why is that harsh? She doesn't ask me what I do.
    Well, if it's that detailed...

ReputationRep:
    Well, if it's that detailed...
    My mother could talk for England.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.