Must I wear a bra when I go to work or uni? Watch

iamastudent0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm sure many girls find wearing a bra is quite uncomfortable. However, would you think a girl is unprofessional if she doesn't wear a bra under her shirt in office or in classes?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It would depend on what she's wearing, what she's doing, and, to some extent, how generously proportioned she is.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iamastudent0)
I'm sure many girls find wearing a bra is quite uncomfortable. However, would you think a girl is unprofessional if she doesn't wear a bra under her shirt in office or in classes?
It's not uncomfortable if you have the correct bra. If it's a problem, go somewhere like M&S for a fitting. If you don't wear one under just a shirt, there could well be a couple of reasons why people won't take you seriously...
ReadingMum
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As stated above it does depend on the level of support you need but I need little (AA) and didn't start wearing one till my mid/late 40s when I started to need a little help
I have always worked in a professional role, in suits throughout the 90s and noughties, and it was not an issue.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Normally I'd say it's fine not to wear a bra, but in a professional environment it's a bit different. If people still aren't accepting of individuality; tattoos and bright hair and the like, they'll certainly not be accepting of visible boobage.
OMG354
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Normally I'd say it's fine not to wear a bra, but in a professional environment it's a bit different. If people still aren't accepting of individuality; tattoos and bright hair and the like, they'll certainly not be accepting of visible boobage.
I like the term 'boobage'
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OMG354)
I like the term 'boobage'
Same
I had to slip it in there somewhere.. :lol:
Karisa96
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I must confess I work in a professional role, and really dont feel comfortable without wearing a bra.
That being said if they are fitted correctly they should feel comfortable, I have never had any problems.
OMG354
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Same
I had to slip it in there somewhere.. :lol:
Loll BOOBAGE... that's great innovation from ya... I have to give you the credit .
Last edited by OMG354; 1 week ago
scorpion95
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It will depend on what she is wearing. As long as for work the shirts weren't overly see through then it shouldn't matter, as for uni I would say the same as long as the top isn't overly see through and she is comfortable going bra less then there nothing wrong with it.
username5114988
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If the shirt is see through for work you need a bra if not it don't matter.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iamastudent0)
Underwired bras can be uncomfortable I agree but other types shouldn't be like T shirt bras. Doesn't matter for uni anyway but might be better to get a comfortable bra for when you want to dress more formally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (93)
12.77%
1 (91)
12.5%
2 (92)
12.64%
19.37%
22.66%
20.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed