Ladies, how long does it take you to wash your hair? Watch

droppedcroissant
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
And as an additional question, how long does a whole shower take you?

I've been having a big debate with my friends about how long it should take one to shower and they were all stunned when I told them it takes me about an hour if I'm washing my hair Probably only about 10 minutes if I'm not doing my hair.

My hair is past shoulder length but SUPER thick and wavy. One of my friends claims to only take 20 minutes to do everything – shampoo, conditioner, rinsing, plus actually washing her body and everything :eek:

So it got me thinking, is an hour really that long? I can't think of any possible way I could make my showers take less time, I just wouldn't be able to wash properly unless I rushed and risked leaving some shampoo in or something. I'm sure it all just depends on hair length, thickness, and products used but I'm still curious what TSR thinks.
learner38
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hair like an hour all together shower 15-30 mins
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My hair doesn't take that long to do really. It's shaving that takes up most of the time.

Id normally take 20 minutes, but if I'm shaving and doing everything then probably half an hour.
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My hairs really long and it takes 30 mins
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
10 minutes to wash my hair, 10 minutes to wash my body, 10 minutes to talk to myself while having hot water pouring over me
IH8Studying
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
15 mins. My hair is very short now. It’s after that takes forever. The drying, the brushing, the moisturising. That takes like 2 hours sometimes
5hyl33n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
After reading these posts the amount of time you guys take is not that bad compared to me. I take about 2 hours...

EDIT: 2 hours to wash and style my hair. Usually if I’m not washing my hair about 20 minutes.
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 1 week ago
Moose-er
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My hair's the same. I'm male not female though. When washing my hair a shower takes me 30 minutes or so but as my hair gets longer it's starting toreach 40 . Now drying on the other hand takes at least half a day
emilou232
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I take about twenty minutes in the shower which includes washing my hair; 2 washes with shampoo my hair is fairly thick, then 1 wash with purple shampoo (because my hair is bleached), and whilst this is setting in my hair I do everything else a girl would do, and then after that I use conditioner, leave it in a few minutes and then rinse it out
Karisa96
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To wash my hair and shower I would say 30 mins.
jennaq
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My hair is long, thick and curly. I don't always shampoo every wash since it could lead to damage in curly hair. If I shampoo, condition and body wash, usually around 10 minutes? Mostly because I always leave the conditioner in for 5 minutes.

If I'm not shampooing, I can be in and out in 5 minutes. Depending on if I'm rinsing out the conditioner fully (curly girls will understand :rolleyes:).

If I'm shaving, exfoliating, basically just doing everything I could do in the shower it can sometimes be 30 minutes!
Last edited by jennaq; 1 week ago
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
About a minute. And 2-3 mins to blowdry.

I shave mine off mind.
username5114988
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
10 minutes
Himynameisdaisy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
My hairs really long, but it’s not thick or curly or anything like that. Probably about 20-30 minutes in total of everything in the shower?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (78)
14.03%
1 (72)
12.95%
2 (69)
12.41%
19.6%
21.94%
19.06%

Watched Threads