“extremism is just an expression of freedom of speech and should be allowed”

Watch
fbigsc123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm having a bit of trouble thinking of different viewpoints to this question, i got so far as that it could be a message from god and that he has an assigned role during the afterlife, but i'm not sure
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you could talk about the impacts of extremism on others? so (not be cliche) but ISIS had a bad impact, however other forms of extremism such as veganism has a positive impact on the environment, and other religious extremisms such as Buddhism and their extreme monks has a positive impact on surrounding areas and can bring peace and education.
MKC0103
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fbigsc123)
i'm having a bit of trouble thinking of different viewpoints to this question, i got so far as that it could be a message from god and that he has an assigned role during the afterlife, but i'm not sure
One example is Martin Luther king jr .
Martin Luther king was labelled as an extremist by “white moderates” and the Christian leadership of local churches. Martin Luther king embraced the title so that he could act as an advocate for the ending of segregation. This shows that extremism can be good if it tackles a severe injustice
yelir
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The statement is correct, extreme views are protected by the Human Rights Act, but the second you act on those extreme views to commit a crime it is illegal.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheOnlyIzzy)
other forms of extremism such as veganism
:rofl:
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yelir)
The statement is correct, extreme views are protected by the Human Rights Act, but the second you act on those extreme views to commit a crime it is illegal.
Presumably the law extends a little further than that? Hopefully if you incite people to violence, you'll be locked up, even if you don't directly take part.
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
:rofl:
I know I understand its not religious, but the question didn't ask about religion, just extremism, and veganism (im not vegan fyi) but it is a form of dietary extremism, thus fitting the question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.87%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (74)
10.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (90)
12.88%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.44%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (40)
5.72%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (75)
10.73%
Financial worries (43)
6.15%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.43%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.01%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (23)
3.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (67)
9.59%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.87%

Watched Threads