The Student Room Group

Paramedic science funding- second degree

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me.
I am SO confused.
I previously studied an art degree (I wasn't able to pass my degree due to being extremely unwell after my father passed away suddenly in my first year)
I have found my passion and am now Striving to become a paramedic and applying to study at university.
But I am super confused because you are eligible for a second degree in allied health and the university website says that the paramedic science course is an allied health course.. but when I have researched lots of people are saying it doesn't count.. but why would nursing count but not paramedical?! Im so confused and so upset. The NHS needs us, just as much as nurses.

Help? Thank you. Charlie
Original post by Charliemosman
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me.
I am SO confused.
I previously studied an art degree (I wasn't able to pass my degree due to being extremely unwell after my father passed away suddenly in my first year)
I have found my passion and am now Striving to become a paramedic and applying to study at university.
But I am super confused because you are eligible for a second degree in allied health and the university website says that the paramedic science course is an allied health course.. but when I have researched lots of people are saying it doesn't count.. but why would nursing count but not paramedical?! Im so confused and so upset. The NHS needs us, just as much as nurses.

Help? Thank you. Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Did you complete the art course and just not pass it or did you withdraw?

Regards, Duncan
I didn’t withdraw no.

Charlie
I didn't graduate with a Ba degree though as I didn't pass my 3rd year. I was awarded a level 5 higher diploma instead.
Charlie
I didn't graduate with a Ba degree though as I didn't pass my 3rd year. I was awarded a level 5 higher diploma instead.
Charlie

Paramedic Science courses are only classed as an exception if the student is entitled to funding from the Ambulance Service Trust.

Regards, Duncan
Do you know how I find out if they are funded by the trust?

Thank you
Charlie
Do you know how I find out if they are funded by the trust?

Thank you
Charlie

You'd need to speak to the Ambulance Service Trust to find out which courses this applies to.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending