I don’t wanna give up

Watch
TimotheeLaurie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m so stressed. I have only begun revising for my eng lit and I have like so many themes to do plus I haven’t finished up my notes for history. At this rate, I m gonna fail. My target is to get 9s in triple science, eng lit and eng Lang and re and 8s in maths and history. However there’s no way I’m gonna get it. I don’t wanna give up...

mikaelalrc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! You got this! One thing at a time, I know it's tough but I know you can do this. You just gotta start somewhere, ok? Believe me, getting one little thing done will 1) still get you somewhere and 2) make you feel better. Choose one thing to start and forget about the rest for the day. Ok? It's gonna be fine - great, even.

(Original post by TimotheeLaurie)
I’m so stressed. I have only begun revising for my eng lit and I have like so many themes to do plus I haven’t finished up my notes for history. At this rate, I m gonna fail. My target is to get 9s in triple science, eng lit and eng Lang and re and 8s in maths and history. However there’s no way I’m gonna get it. I don’t wanna give up...
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
How do you know that? I’m gonna fail face it! I’m sure you did well
Jetwasher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mikaelalrc)
Hey! You got this! One thing at a time, I know it's tough but I know you can do this. You just gotta start somewhere, ok? Believe me, getting one little thing done will 1) still get you somewhere and 2) make you feel better. Choose one thing to start and forget about the rest for the day. Ok? It's gonna be fine - great, even.
Yes I agree get one thing done and keep going. Don't give up it may seem stressful now but you will be happy you didn't give up!
Goodluck
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
How can I when I have two Months to complete eng lit revision?
Jetwasher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im in the same boat So don't worry I haven't even started revision yet.....whoops.
imscrewedlol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I have similar goals, I want 9s in science and maths geo and classics, 8s in English and 7 in german. WHat I do to deal with the stress is write out all my subjects and break them down into topics that I can revise in one go, e.g for bio I break each topic into further section like Homeostasis to thermoregulation, osmoregulation (etc). then I count how many I have and divide it into the weeks I have left.
This mean that when ur revising u know if your working at a fast enough rate, over working, and if ull be bale to cover content. By setting weekly goals its easier coz some days youll feel like doing more and some days less but youll get stuff covered. THen ocationally if I finish the stuff I need to do in a week I recap the subtopics that I cant remember or found had. Next to each topic I draw a square and tick it of when iv revised it coz its more satisfying and you feel you've achieved more coz u have.
Does this make sense?
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by imscrewedlol)
Hey, I have similar goals, I want 9s in science and maths geo and classics, 8s in English and 7 in german. WHat I do to deal with the stress is write out all my subjects and break them down into topics that I can revise in one go, e.g for bio I break each topic into further section like Homeostasis to thermoregulation, osmoregulation (etc). then I count how many I have and divide it into the weeks I have left.
This mean that when ur revising u know if your working at a fast enough rate, over working, and if ull be bale to cover content. By setting weekly goals its easier coz some days youll feel like doing more and some days less but youll get stuff covered. THen ocationally if I finish the stuff I need to do in a week I recap the subtopics that I cant remember or found had. Next to each topic I draw a square and tick it of when iv revised it coz its more satisfying and you feel you've achieved more coz u have.
Does this make sense?
yes!
imscrewedlol
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
also have a tonne of resources, for exams I got My Gcse Science- I had to pay like 40 pounds but it was totally worth it coz they make science vidoes to the spec and go through questions and they have quick multiple choice recap questions and practise questions- its really helpful and befire tests I just binge the video and like x2 speed make notes and then add my own #not sponcered# - but totally worth it! and just other websites like maths genie, physics and maths tutor...
imscrewedlol
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jetwasher)
Im in the same boat So don't worry I haven't even started revision yet.....whoops
im still doing ma mocks....
imscrewedlol
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How can I when I have two Months to complete eng lit revision?
u gotta get the quotation bank books coz they have quotes analysed and those are the only quotes I revise- they have like a few quotes that u can apply to so many themes- all explained...
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by imscrewedlol)
u gotta get the quotation bank books coz they have quotes analysed and those are the only quotes I revise- they have like a few quotes that u can apply to so many themes- all explained...
what is the quote bank?
imscrewedlol
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what is the quote bank?
its these tiny books that are like three pound each but u can get it cheaper on ebay and it has preselected quotes with analysis- all u gotta do it to read it.
called 'the quotation bank' 100%recommned I think their website is www.thequotationbank.co.uk
-also just go to ur school library get the revision books, write down the stuff ya need and boom yall be sorted for free!
Last edited by imscrewedlol; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.15%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (88)
28.48%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
12.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed