Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I'm so annoyed. Only got a new trampoline last Sunday, went on it, had loadsa fun, bouncing normally not doing flips or anything....and the next day my body ached loads, probably because I had used alot of muscles that I hadn't used before. Anyway, a day or so after that, whenever I moved in a certain way, muscles in my back would twinge or something. Now every so often when I move, i'm always feeling it in my back. I tried going back on the trampoline today but couldn't jump because it was really pulling on my back muscles.

I was so looking forward to doing more exercise on the trampoline as it was so much fun.

Anyone else had this or know how long it will take to get back to normal again or anything I can do/use to speed it up???

Thanks.

Karen x

ReputationRep:
    [life story]
    This one time I was really ill..hurt when I coughed etc but decided to go trampolining anyway. I pulled a muscle in my back and I originally thought "oh my god ive broken my back".. i rested up and the next day I had back pain so bad my illness no longer hurt.
    [/life story]

Muscles are usually quite good at healing. Just put one of those heat pads on there, have a bath and take it easy for a couple of days, dont rush back into it too quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I always do stretches after I exercise.. it helps the muscles relax so I suggest you do too.

ReputationRep:
    use deep heat/ deep freeze or Neurofen back pain tabs. I'm way jealous, I want a trampoline! Do you know if the ones from Argos are any good?

ReputationRep:
    something similar happened to me on my trampoline before, I was normally bouncing and then my back went weird like it went in (sounds weird but that is how it FELT :p:) and then it was really painful to move around.

the feeling went after two days though luckily!

ReputationRep:
    My bro fell somehow quite awkwardly a few years back which was painful for a few days then it went away. Only recently that now he has starting getting taller he's started having trouble again. Turns out he slipped a disk!

ReputationRep:
    Remember to warm down after exercising, at least do some light stretches. It'll get easier if you get into more of a routine with your trampoline use and keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    yeah well this is normal because your back/neck muscles are not meant for such pressure the trampoline offers etc.Ever Thought why didnt your leg muscles werent hurting you after the jumping? because they are much MUCH more stronger ..Ive Got A trampoline too right now i jumped a lot same happened ... It hurts really bad now but itl be ok. Just Wait A Week.Do Your Stuff On The Trampoline Again... Take A WARM bath after your session/training etc.It Will Let Your Muscles relax after a month of intense jumping fliping or whatever u do on the trampoline.U Will Be Able To jump the whole day.. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    yer, it may be cuz you dont bend you knees enough, and the pressure from the bounce crunches your spine, giving you a bruised spine. its nothing bad, it just hurts and is annoying. give it some time, and bounce with more bend in the knee, it will remove some of the shock

ReputationRep:
    It's caused by lactic acid produced after the exercise, make sure you 'warm down' next time :yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.