_pr3tzl_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm a year 12 student who does 4 a-levels: maths, further maths, computer science and of course physics.

Other than stats and mechanics in maths, I'm really loving my choices except for physics. I don't know if its becuase it's difficult or it's becuase I don't like it. It's eating up the time that I would rather use to revise and tackle other issues in my subjects. I constantly find myself bored out of my mind in lessons, but I take interest in it when I skim over the textbook.

Is it worth sticking it out or just dropping it completely?
syedatasnia14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you really feel you want to drop it then go for it, the sooner you do the better because you'll look back and think of all the time you wasted on a subject you dropped. Also, in year 13 the subjects get harder, and a few people in my school did end up dropping their 4th subject so think about that too
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _pr3tzl_)
I'm a year 12 student who does 4 a-levels: maths, further maths, computer science and of course physics.

Other than stats and mechanics in maths, I'm really loving my choices except for physics. I don't know if its becuase it's difficult or it's becuase I don't like it. It's eating up the time that I would rather use to revise and tackle other issues in my subjects. I constantly find myself bored out of my mind in lessons, but I take interest in it when I skim over the textbook.

Is it worth sticking it out or just dropping it completely?
I'd say stick it out until your mocks/predictor exams and then reevaluate if it'll be worth dropping or not. Universities only require 3 a levels anyway, just ensure you pick the right subjects for whichever course you want to do in the future.
_pr3tzl_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thanks for all your replies. I think Ill stick it out a little more, because in the same way I don't want to regret doing it, I don't want to regret dropping it (considering since I find it a little interesting) I really appreciate your perspectives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.42%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.81%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
42.25%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.53%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.6%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.02%

Watched Threads