Turn on thread page Beta

I have this thing about freckles and moles I'l never talk about them with anyone I find it embarrasing I don't know why. I also pretend Im not listening when others talk about them. Logically I can see how they are no big deal but its like Im fascinated but am embarrased to mention them. I know Im weird but I want to get behind it Ive never understood it. Are any of you like this or funny about certain things or words to the point where you think you are are odd? I can't find anything about this on the internet ususally people have quirks but there are other people like them you know..

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it, do you have freckles/moles or do you just find them an embarrasing topic of conversation?

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown. I'm fascinated by his silly face and antics and yet strangely I'm embarassed about mentioning him...

(Original post by Basil Hallward)
    I don't get it, do you have freckles/moles or do you just find them an embarrasing topic of conversation?
    Just find the conversation embarrasing, I don't really mind that much if people see that I have them but I wonder how people who have loads can not be embarrased. I know its stupid I hate myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just find the conversation embarrasing, I don't really mind that much if people see that I have them but I wonder how people who have loads can not be embarrased. I know its stupid I hate myself.
    I have quite a few freckles, I don't really find them embarrassing. I used to hate them but I'm used to them now. Did you used to get teased for having them?

To answer the OP, I don't think there's anything I'm really embarrassed to discuss apart from topics of a sensitive/personal nature, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Feelings are rarely reasonable.

(Original post by Basil Hallward)
    I have quite a few freckles, I don't really find them embarrassing. I used to hate them but I'm used to them now. Did you used to get teased for having them?
    No, but when I was like 6/7 I used to hide them when I saw my mum looking at them.

Its a weird type of embarrasement too, not the type that you get when you make a fool of yourself its like embarrasement/bit of anger.

ReputationRep:
    i love my freckles personally. not a fan of moles though and don't really have any. do people see freckles as unattractive?

(Original post by shadowrow)
    i love my freckles personally. not a fan of moles though and don't really have any. do people see freckles as unattractive?
    Most people don't I don't think.

Its not just this I get the same feeling with other words too, as a kid I would shout 'hey' whenever the word happy was mentioned and had the same feeling then. Does anyone know anything about this Ive searched the internet etc Im sick of not knowing why Im like this no one else seems to have abnormal reactions to certain words or things.

ReputationRep:
    i know you're not getting at people with freckles but i just thought i'd add for my own sake and fellow frecklers that rachel bilson, mischa barton, sienna miller, penelope cruz and megan fox all have freckles and are gorgeous. i guess i've got rachel bilson freckles.

ReputationRep:
    I have lots of freckles and I used to be embarrassed about them, but I decided ignoring them was a lot easier and made me feel better than being embarrassed, so now I try not to think about them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.