Turn on thread page Beta

Girls/Guys, would you take a seat next to the good-looking guy/girl or the other one? watch

• View Poll Results: Which one would you sit next to?
    Guy: Next to the hot one
    24.56%
    Guy: Next to the average one
    32.02%
    Girl: Next to the hot one
    19.74%
    Girl: Next to the average one
    23.68%

ReputationRep:
    The average one...........who am I kidding? The hot one of course :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    I'd take the one nearest to me so I didn't have as far to trip down the bus when it stops

Or the one who wouldn't judge me for whipping my Harry Potter book out, I did that today and sat with the old people at the front because I thought the younger people would laugh at me.
    Haha, i only read Harry Potter in my house for fear of being laughed at Its a cruel judgmental world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dealbreaker)
    So if the bus or train or plane or whatever was packed and the only two seats available were one next to an attractive guy/girl and another next to an average guy/girl, which one would you sit next to?

Background to this question is something that happened to me on the bus the other day - there were loads of empty seats around but this girl sat next to me, which I thought was a bit odd... Should have got her number!
    i always go for the not so good looking person, only because its standaarrd for everyone to sit by the fit one.
    the not so good looking one is probably nicer anyway..

(Original post by Zafda)
    i always go for the not so good looking person, only because its standaarrd for everyone to sit by the fit one.
    the not so good looking one is probably nicer anyway..
    attractiveness may only be skin deep, but ulgy goes right to the core...

ReputationRep:
    The average one, because im a PUFF :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    attractiveness may only be skin deep, but ulgy goes right to the core...

hahahaha joker!!
    prejudice.. dont judge a book by its cover!

ReputationRep:
    Though say there was only two girls on the bus, and like 30 seats free. wouldn't they think you are crazy for sitting next to them even though there are like 30 seats free?

ReputationRep:
    The average one, I don't want to play above my league...I know my place as one of the unattractive in this world!

Plus I always feel that the average one would be up for a conversation, whereas the attractive one would not pay me any attention unless I was hot, like for like and all that...maybe a little unfair on the attractive ones, you see its not always a plus!! Although I wouldn't know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasps26)
    The average one, I don't want to play above my league...

Plus I always feel that the average one would be up for a conversation, whereas the attractive one would not pay me any attention unless I was hot, like for like and all that...maybe a little unfair on the attractive ones, you see its not always a plus!!
    :ditto:

The average one. Or, I'd probably just stand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    Though say there was only two girls on the bus, and like 30 seats free. wouldn't they think you are crazy for sitting next to them even though there are like 30 seats free?
    Yeah they probably would...but what you should do in that situation is sit in front of them and turn round...don't sit behind them cos its weird being chatted up from behind (lol)!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and do hot girls think their hot and better than us. like i can't see them sit there and think "wow i'm hot, wtf why did that ugly guy next to me". Unless he was of course ugly.

ReputationRep:
    The hot guy :P
    I've got asked for my number a couple times, when I've sat next to hot guys, and I ended up dating one of them...guys should be more confident, it's very attractive

ReputationRep:
    Most people say the average for the fact of not sounding shallow. They might be boring as ****!!!! I know pretty and interesting people lol; its a toughy because we might get no conversation out of one of them. How booorrrriiinngg! A conversation on a bus journey is always good :-)

ReputationRep:
    Haha are you serious off course I would sit next to the hot one

ReputationRep:
    I go for the ugly one. I tend to overthink situations and I overestimate people, I think they know more than they probably do. So I don't sit by the hot one because she'll assume I fancy her and some how I feel like i'm judged...not just by her but others around too. So I sit next to the average one (who probably thinks I fancy her too, I just never think about that).

ReputationRep:
    These fraking threads you constantly make, how do you live your life when you question every single thing in the world ever,

Who gives a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Average. Attractive girls are so full of themselves I would feel that they thought I was checking them out. Its like when you walk behind girls with mini skirts and tight jeans in town. Its so eye catching yet your too afraid to stay behind them for too long because they will think you are checking them out, and pedestrians will feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I Love how a seemly innocent thead is actually a very revealing one about people and there personalities and percetions, But thats the psychologist in me talking!

Personally, I'd pick the average looking one. I would find them via my perception (which im aware in most cases may not even be correct) less threatening to sit by. Anyway If sat next to someone 'Hot' I'd probably also feel a hell of alot more self concious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bangers+Mash)
    The average one, because im a PUFF :woo:
    That made me laugh, I love that emoticon with the flailing arms. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I would go to the seat that is nearest but I have to admit that I would feel more comfortable sitting next to the average one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.