The Student Room Group

Learning Case Studies

I am a GCSE student about to take my mocks in Geography. I have many case studies to learn and I would like to know how deep I am required to know my case studies to get the ambitious top grade, since I don't want to concentrate on Geography more than necessary, hence interfering with my other subjects revision. I'd like to know how well other students know their case studies please. Thanks!
Original post by xetrov
I am a GCSE student about to take my mocks in Geography. I have many case studies to learn and I would like to know how deep I am required to know my case studies to get the ambitious top grade, since I don't want to concentrate on Geography more than necessary, hence interfering with my other subjects revision. I'd like to know how well other students know their case studies please. Thanks!

Hi I do AQA gcse geography and I have done my paper 1 and 2 mock. I would say that you do need to know your case studies in quite a lot of depth as although they may be helpful in 4 markers, you might get a 6,9 or 12 marker just on a case study. For example there may be a question like name a case study where sustainable urban management was used. Questions like those are often 9 markers and you need to know your facts and figures in depth. Do not learn too many , I would say learn a minimum of 2 for each topic e.g the challenge of natural hazards I have learn Haiti Earthquake, Typhoon Haiyan, and Somerset Floods. I hope this helps.
What were the questions on the 1st paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending