Can I get my confidence back? Watch

MartinisSkip
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I went to get a big tattoo the other day, filling my whole thigh. Unfortunately, the artist completely messed up, had ignored my design reference and made no effort to contact me with his ideas, so in the end I left without a tattoo and a loss of my *quite big* deposit. I'm really upset because it's the studio I usually go to, and I put a lot of trust in them and I was genuinely shocked.
Anyway, I still really want the tattoo. I've looked elsewhere, and been in contact with someone who seems a lot more professional and appears to do what I want. However, as much as I'm convinced, I'm incredibly wary now of handing any money over before seeing a design, but I know this can't be done. I respect this, but I'm so wary, even though I've seen that this artist can do the style I want.
Usually with my tattoos, I've never overthought them, because it's the one thing in my life I refuse to overthink (I overthink most other things). Since being so let down, though, my brain's gone into hyper-drive. I'm reconsidering the design, the artists, the costs. Anything to be reconsidered is. Despite the fact that I know I want that design.
I just wondered really, is there anyway to get my confidence back in this situation?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You want confidence to hand over a hefty deposit for an unknown product which probably won't meet your expectations due to complexity?

You shouldn't be confident doing this. You just have to decide it's probably a bad idea and do it anyway, or don't do it at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (78)
14.03%
1 (72)
12.95%
2 (69)
12.41%
19.6%
21.94%
19.06%

Watched Threads