Masters at a new university - how to find flat mates

Watch
Yasminc07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m currently studying at The University of Essex doing my undergrad but I am going to Birmingham to study at The University of Law and am unsure as to how to find the best accommodation for me.

Any advice would be great thanks.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Yasminc07)
I’m currently studying at The University of Essex doing my undergrad but I am going to Birmingham to study at The University of Law and am unsure as to how to find the best accommodation for me.

Does your uni have an accepted student Facebook page? I've found that this is often a great way to find flatmates, as there will likely be other new students in the same boat as you. You could also ask your new uni's Student Centre if they have any sort of flatshare service or sharer's day.

If all else fails, you can check www.spareroom.co.uk. I have several friends who've found great flatmates that way!

-Miranda
Last edited by Goldsmiths, University of London; 10 months ago
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Yasminc07)

Hi Yasmin,

I hope your undergraduate studies are going well!

I'm currently studying at the University of Law in Liverpool and we have a Facebook group for our campus where people often ask these type of questions, it may be helpful to search to see if the Birmingham campus has a similar group.

On the University of Law Birmingham website there is an 'Accommodation for Students' tab which offers an online accommodation portal for all students which provides help on how to find suitable accommodation for you. Here is the link: https://www.law.ac.uk/locations/birmingham/

When I moved to Liverpool I joined the Facebook group ‘Official University of Law Group - Housemate Hub’ which helped me find other students that were going to study in Liverpool. This could be a good way to find other students in the same position as you and help you find accommodation as people often post about house/flat shares.

Alternatively, there is a website called Homes For Students that has accommodation purely for postgraduate students in different areas in the UK (including Birmingham) - you should check this out if you're looking to be with people that are similar to your age. This is the link: https://wearehomesforstudents.com/postgraduate-students

I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me

Emily

(Student Ambassador, LPC Student, Liverpool)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed