Turn on thread page Beta

In your experience watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what shops do you dont get ID'd in when buying alcohol?

I am 18 but I'm worried about getting ID'd... and I have ID on the way but I'm sick of waiting for it... any shops that dont.... what about self check outs in supermarkets... how do they work with that?

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I don't get ID'd in off licences and do get ID's in supermarkets.

ReputationRep:
    Any Indian/Tamil corner shop you see, will not ID you, they're money hungry I tell you, money hungry.

ReputationRep:
    Supermarkets ID everyone, as does bargain booze.

Your best bet is to go for the sort of local corner shop. They'll probably be losing alot of customers to those blasted modern supermarkets, so they'll sell (especially if you look around 18).

In my experience that seems to work better than going to chainstores where the person behind the till is jaded and just likes to ID everybody.

Failing that, try going to everywhere.

Off Licences will sell more often than a Supermarket, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz)
    Any Indian/Tamil corner shop you see, will not ID you, they're money hungry I tell you, money hungry.

MMMMMM... money......

ReputationRep:
    Tesco and places always ID, better off in smaller ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    what shops do you dont get ID'd in when buying alcohol?

I am 18 but I'm worried about getting ID'd... and I have ID on the way but I'm sick of waiting for it... any shops that dont.... what about self check outs in supermarkets... how do they work with that?
    You need to manually checked as it beeps up on another eprsons screen and they have to come in an ID you.

A palce liek Tesco doesnt NEED to sel lyou booze and they will be much harsher with hteir staf so you will tend to get more asks for ID

A corner shop will mroel iekly want the money so will probably be mroe lenient.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, this **** in Somerfield got right smarmy about my id because I sarcastically asked if she'd carry my weeks worth of shopping home when she asked if I needed a bag.

Just be polite and nice and if they refuse you just take it like a man and leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    You need to manually checked as it beeps up on another eprsons screen and they have to come in an ID you.

A palce liek Tesco doesnt NEED to sel lyou booze and they will be much harsher with hteir staf so you will tend to get more asks for ID

A corner shop will mroel iekly want the money so will probably be mroe lenient.

::must reject spell check...::

but you're right..tesco and others NO, but just be patient..you could be lucky and look 18

ReputationRep:
    I don't get ID'd at the Spar down the road, despite the reams of signs plastered over all the available space around the counter declaring otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    MMMMMM... money......
    Trust me, my friend walked in once, the tamil guy behind the counter knows he's under-age. Right, this is the conversation:

Friend: Alright boss, you got any ciggarettes?
    Shopkeeper: Yes, vaat vood u liike muyfair?
    Friend: Nah, I was only joking.
    Shopkeeper: Nooo, I give it, 3 pound?
    Friend: Nah (Walks out of shop)

ReputationRep:
    essentially it depends on the person and how bvvered they are.

ReputationRep:
    right, I'll try down my local indian offie tomorrow

ive never been asked for id in a shop. even when i was under age

ReputationRep:
    The only time I've been ID'ed since turning 18 has been in Morrisons.

ReputationRep:
    Any SPARS near you? The one near me is very lenient.

ReputationRep:
    I get ID'd every time I buy alcohol. And it is getting very annoying now, since I've been 18 for nearly a year lol. I just don't look it.

I got ID'd in Ann Summers once. That was weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *HullaBaLoO*)
    I get ID'd every time I buy alcohol. And it is getting very annoying now, since I've been 18 for nearly a year lol. I just don't look it.
    meh.. i'm 20 and get id'd loads lol don't bother me one bit really as i always ahv my driving licence on me

ReputationRep:
    grow some stubble, im only 17 and i usually dont get ided when buyin alcohol from any shops. im quite well built so i look older then i am and if necessary i leave a bit of stubble so i look even older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    meh.. i'm 20 and get id'd loads lol don't bother me one bit really as i always ahv my driving licence on me
    Oh yeah I have my driving license.

But it's like, they go 'can we see some id?' And I going 'gosh just give me my drink already!!!'

I guess it's a good thing we look younger than we really are

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.