Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    going to be doing your 1st year? yes? then, i'd say average.
    Sweet... Yes starting in october - but probably won't go into banking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpye11)
    Sweet... Yes starting in october - but probably won't go into banking...
    depends on what you do in your 1st year. get a few spring internships and you'll be above average.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea - i can remember seeing lots of posters at imperial for that sort of thing...

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friedman)
    hey guys.
    A-level results- maths (A), physics(A), chemistry(A), economics (A), general studies(A) and further maths(B).

Going to study Economics at LSE. What do you guys think?
    Straight economics? Good chance obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friedman)
    hey guys.
    A-level results- maths (A), physics(A), chemistry(A), economics (A), general studies(A) and further maths(B).

Going to study straight Economics at LSE. What do you guys think?
    According to the general consensus. That would be one of the best courses for IB out there. A great degree at a great institution, economics grads from lse are very well sought after by IB's (with good ec's and w/e that is).

ReputationRep:
    A-levels AAB (Maths, Economics, Business)

University: Loughborough University

Course BSc Economics + placement year. (starting this september.)

Work Experience: Alliance Boots Head office - 3 months over the summer - working as an ICT analyst.

Future Plan:

Loads of Sporting/Society EC's

1st year - Spring intern(any FO/MO one I can get)
    2nd year - Summer Intern
    3rd year Placement - Hopefully a year at a Bank FO/MO.

Aiming for:

Aspiration: FO M&A Corporate finance at a BB

Realistic: FO M&A Corporate finance at a 2nd tier bank.

Hopefully the economy will be on the up by 2012 when I graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpye11)
    Just thought I'd mention - my uncle works for a management consultancy firm, and he basically said that unless you have 10A*'s at gcse you would not even be considered for an interview!!! Just pointing out how annoying hard it is to get a job in banking/consultancy...
    really? what's one of my mates doing at Mckinsey with only 2A*'s - stop, alert the media!!!!!

absolute crap!

seriously stop trolling, its not funny nor is it clever :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sorry i posted earlier...but i've got my grades now.....chem A, Bio A, Spanish A, R.S A....i didn't do maths.....but i'm going to LSE to study Law...but i know absolutely nothing about banking or the economy.....well, i understand stuff like the credit crunch and stuff but who doesn't...so yeh, i was wondering...what are my chances of getting a spring internship.....or a summer internship or whatever, and then progressing to actually getting a job...?...given that i don't know that much about economics, if anything at all.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micky13)
    sorry i posted earlier...but i've got my grades now.....chem A, Bio A, Spanish A, R.S A....i didn't do maths.....but i'm going to LSE to study Law...but i know absolutely nothing about banking or the economy.....well, i understand stuff like the credit crunch and stuff but who doesn't...so yeh, i was wondering...what are my chances of getting a spring internship.....or a summer internship or whatever, and then progressing to actually getting a job...?...given that i don't know that much about economics, if anything at all.....
    read about the industry. be interested.

u shud be fine.

ReputationRep:
    sounds aweso9me..especially the work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inter-Company)
    really? what's one of my mates doing at Mckinsey with only 2A*'s - stop, alert the media!!!!!

absolute crap!

seriously stop trolling, its not funny nor is it clever :rolleyes:
    As if they even ask for GCSE's rofl.. It would be very unprofessional putting your GCSE results in your application. Shows you don't have much to offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdom0n)
    As if they even ask for GCSE's rofl.. It would be very unprofessional putting your GCSE results in your application. Shows you don't have much to offer.
    indeed, i have yet to come across any institution which has specific GCSE A* requirements - in fact I challenge someone to find such a job, would be funny (perhaps NASA no?)

ReputationRep:
    he aint even at uni yet so thats why he probably doesnt have any ec's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    he aint even at uni yet so thats why he probably doesnt have any ec's
    I dont think u have to be at uni to have EC's.

for instance i could list down various charity works iv been involved in over the years.

bt yeah, Uni offers one the opportunity to be more involved. fair enough...

ReputationRep:
    i spose..sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibzy)
    No EC'S at all??
    mate that is worrying!!

and EC' s are meant to be for fun anyway. so sayin u dont have one, begs the question.....are u employable?
    oh...yeah, I have pre-uni ones like young enterprise, cricket/football team, alchemy club etc.

'None yet' - I was referring to uni ones like societies etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabster_88)
    oh...yeah, I have pre-uni ones like young enterprise, cricket/football team, alchemy club etc.

ok,, now i getchu!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibzy)
    ok,, now i getchu!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibzy)
    No EC'S at all??
    mate that is worrying!!

and EC' s are meant to be for fun anyway. so sayin u dont have one, begs the question.....are u employable?
    work experience > ECs

(Original post by Nabster_88)

so hows Hogwarts faring these days?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.