Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No. Some people are just naive and choose to live in their dream world (with their 'top 40' Uni's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyboy1992)
    Swansea University- Law and American studies OFFER! (ABB)

Nottingham Trent- LLB Law- OFFER! (BBB)

University of Hertfordshire- LLB Law- OFFER! (ABB)

Dundee University- English Law- OFFER! (BBB)

Greenwich University-LLB- OFFER! (CCC)
    (Original post by DorianGrey)
    Your sig worries me. A lot.
    studyboy1992 is an A level student who aspires to some of the worst universities in the UK.
    Yet he confidently gives advice on getting into IB.

ReputationRep:
    wow stuck up or what

ReputationRep:
    wow stuck up or what
    It's not being stuck up, it's the business, welcome to the reality of this career.

Think of it in terms of very very basic supply and demand for places in investment banking and you will understand the truth to people's comments on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    I was mainly reffering to the Twilight banners, which he now seems to have deleted...

ReputationRep:
    Yes i quite understand the matter, im just saying that you don't necessaryily have to have gone to Oxbridge UCL LSE for a career in investment banking.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i quite understand the matter, im just saying that you don't necessaryily have to have gone to Oxbridge UCL LSE for a career in investment banking.
    Well done for coming to that conclusion that no one actually disagreed with. Quite the catch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    Well done for coming to that conclusion that no one actually disagreed with. Quite the catch.
    theres no need to be like that!

ReputationRep:
    theres no need to be like that!
    The irony of you mentioning 'top 40 unis' when Greenwich is in triple figure rankings (and indeed most of your other offers)

Further irony induced by your self profiling username positioned nicely above your glittering signature.

from your profile: "Erm, where to begin:
    Im a big dreamer"....

Inspirational.

I would say, remove yourself of this forum but reading your posts makes me feel a little more secure about my intelligence.

Cheers 'Studyboy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SureWeather)
    The irony of you mentioning 'top 40 unis' when Greenwich is in triple figure rankings (and indeed most of your other offers)

Further irony induced by your self profiling username positioned nicely above your glittering signature.

from your profile: "Erm, where to begin:
    Im a big dreamer"....

Inspirational.

I would say, remove yourself of this forum but reading your posts makes me feel a little more secure about my intelligence.

Cheers 'Studyboy"
    firstly Greenwich was a safety back up i would never have it as my insurance/firm.
    wow do you not seem how rude and ignorant you seem to appear. Rather funny.

ReputationRep:
    firstly Greenwich was a safety back up i would never have it as my insurance/firm.
    wow do you not seem how rude and ignorant you seem to appear. Rather funny.
    Rude; perhaps.

Ignorant; you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SureWeather)
    Rude; perhaps.

Ignorant; you
    and how am i ignorant, tell me please

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you're asking me how you're ignorant, and blissfully unaware of this should answer your question.

You're quite a fan of irony aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Bottom line, I hate to burst your bubble: You will never be an investment banker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Bottom line, I hate to burst your bubble: You will never be an investment banker
    studyboy1992, dont listen to this. All you need to be an investment banker is a positive can-do attitude.

With a positive attitude nothing is impossible :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    studyboy1992, dont listen to this. All you need to be an investment banker is a positive can-do attitude.

With a positive attitude nothing is impossible :gthumb:
    Truly Inspirational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    But he had a positive attitude.
    Surely that counts ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, could anyone give me an idea of my chances of getting into IB with my results:

GCSEs: 2A*s, 8 As and 2 Bs

A levels: BBC in maths, business studies and physics, respectively

I'm in my third year at warwick on course for a 1st in Civil Engineering (Masters)

My A levels are the only part of my academic application that seems to let me down

I have plenty of part time/ summer jobs on my cv, although none are finance or business related

Does anybody rate my chances of getting an interview for a grad scheme or have any advice for something I could do over the summer to boost my cv.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejimbo)
    Hi all, could anyone give me an idea of my chances of getting into IB with my results:

I'm in my third year at warwick on course for a 1st in Civil Engineering (Masters)

My A levels are the only part of my academic application that seems to let me down

I have plenty of part time/ summer jobs on my cv, although none are finance or business related

Does anybody rate my chances of getting an interview for a grad scheme or have any advice for something I could do over the summer to boost my cv.

Cheers
    This is a tricky one. GCSEs are just about reasonable, A levels below average but then again you can't argue with a 1st in a quantitative degree from Warwick.

In your case the work experience has to be there given you're going to be competing with better candidates with internships, etc but since you've got another year left there's always a chance. Although June is leaving it a bit late to have any chance of a summer internship. How are your ECs? Also mind me asking how you managed to get into Warwick with such average A levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejimbo)

Cheers
    I may be wrong, but your A level grades don't seem to be entirely coherent with the fact that you're going Warwick - I didn't know the standard offer for Civil Engineering was BBC or lower.

More to the point, how do you achieve a C in A level physics and then become First class standard at university.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.