Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nowrin)
    Woah, hang on...

1. This B will impact heavily on where I go to uni? FML.
    2. I'm not worried about the contacts, but there is a strike to the ego is I couldn't have gotten the position on my own back, and had to instead rely on people I know.
    3. Would they be impressed with work experience straight after GCSE examinations and regularly from now? Or would it seem a bit... irrelevant?
    1. Everything impacts on were you go to uni, albeit different scales that B would not do much harm. Obviously, it could hurt you if you apply for economics at LSE for example but I am sure people have gotten in with 6A* before and it's only one ucas space.

2. It's a tough world you have to take every chance you have. I mean look at the people going through the SEO route or Women or LGBT or other positive discrimination route.

3. Not impressed because they know you did not do anything significant and would know that it is down to your contacts but it most likely will help you get a spring week in your first year or even a summer internship in your first year if you play your cards right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    1. Everything impacts on were you go to uni, albeit different scales that B would not do much harm. Obviously, it could hurt you if you apply for economics at LSE for example but I am sure people have gotten in with 6A* before and it's only one ucas space.

2. It's a tough world you have to take every chance you have. I mean look at the people going through the SEO route or Women or LGBT or other positive discrimination route.

3. Not impressed because they know you did not do anything significant and would know that it is down to your contacts but it most likely will help you get a spring week in your first year or even a summer internship in your first year if you play your cards right.
    1 and 2. True. I bloody hope so.
    3. Ah, still seems like it would be better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    theres LGBT route? how do they...."test" that if so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    "put this in your mouth. NOW.

I SAID PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH.

ah, there we go. welcome aboard "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    "put this in your mouth. NOW.

I SAID PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH.

ah, there we go. welcome aboard "
    you were thinking about how they do it for men?

i was thinking about how theyd do it for women.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    you were thinking about how they do it for men?

i was thinking about how theyd do it for women.

:p:

hahaha yeah I was originally too, making a viable scene seemed more likely with men though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    They don't test. But, can you really keep up the image as an analyst and not get ratted out/caught.

ReputationRep:
    They don't test. But, can you really keep up the image as an analyst and not get ratted out/caught.
    "Yes, we're firing her on the grounds that we don't think that she's actually a lesbian...

your Honour."

ReputationRep:
    well if she claims shes bisexual she can go both ways and they cant really prove it can they? im not arguing btw just interested in how the LGBT route works and if people try and abuse it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    well if she claims shes bisexual she can go both ways and they cant really prove it can they? im not arguing btw just interested in how the LGBT route works and if people try and abuse it.
    Who wouldn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    People abuse the disability route by claiming they have mild dyslexia.

ReputationRep:
    People abuse the disability route by claiming they have mild dyslexia.
    There's a disability route? I'm a double-amputee

I was at a superday sitting down to do some more tests and one guy asked for extra time because he had some mental problem.

they gave it to him.

he got the job.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I have AAC at A level in Psychology, Media, English. An AS level B in economics. I have a Psychology degree from uni of birmingham (2.1) and 1st from LSE in management. I want to go into IB possibly not in too much of a quant focused role... maybe something like corporate trasactions or something in middle office. Any advice on positions it would be easy for me to get into with these grades ?? Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What would be the best department for me to apply for a graduate job in (front or mid office), if it is even worth applying for at all.

*No internship
    *2:1 achieved in 2nd year in Econ at Bristol
    *ABBa (Maths, Econ, Physics, history)
    *3 A*s, 5 As, 3 Bs

Even worth applying for IBD or S&T? Which do I stand a better chance at getting an interview for?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvonBarksdale)
    Hi,

What would be the best department for me to apply for a graduate job in (front or mid office), if it is even worth applying for at all.

*No internship
    *2:1 achieved in 2nd year in Econ at Bristol
    *ABBa (Maths, Econ, Physics, history)
    *3 A*s, 5 As, 3 Bs

Even worth applying for IBD or S&T? Which do I stand a better chance at getting an interview for?

Thanks x
    I'd say you've got a very good shot especially with a 2.1 in Economics from Bristol!

Bristol's very good so don't worry. I don't know what the minimum UCAS tarriff is though, I'm sure you'll be fine however.

ReputationRep:
    Question to those wiser than myself.

Banks have a minimum UCAS tariff point(s) for their internship & graduate applications.
    Taking the example of Barclays, for their internships they ask for a minimum of 300 points.

As long as you have >300 points, does it make a difference in the eyes of the employer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    Question to those wiser than myself.

Banks have a minimum UCAS tariff point(s) for their internship & graduate applications.
    Taking the example of Barclays, for their internships they ask for a minimum of 300 points.

As long as you have >300 points, does it make a difference in the eyes of the employer?
    AFAIK, you only need to reach minimum threshlold, after that no-one cares about your points and your degree+ university is looked at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    AFAIK, you only need to reach minimum threshlold, after that no-one cares about your points and your degree+ university is looked at.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    Thanks!
    No Problemo!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.