The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

PPL at Warwick??

Hey, I’ve got an unconditional offer from Warwick for PPL and I just had some questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help with.
1) does anyone know the size of the PPL course (as in how many students are admitted per year) as I can’t find this info online
2) Ideally I’d like to hear from anyone at Warwick currently on this course on their general opinion of it
3) As the Law part is BA, what would you need to do after graduating to receive a “proper” law qualification?
I dont know much about PPL but ik its quite competitive so i assume your class with have a smaller size. However, there's the chance you'll be studying content from the other departments relevant to your course. Also if you want a law qualification, it depends on if you want to be a solicitor or barrister: I know that you can just apply to the new exams, the SQE, without doing an conversion, for solicitors; I'm not quite sure but you will probably need to do a conversion then BPTC and get a pupillage.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
I dont know much about PPL but ik its quite competitive so i assume your class with have a smaller size. However, there's the chance you'll be studying content from the other departments relevant to your course. Also if you want a law qualification, it depends on if you want to be a solicitor or barrister: I know that you can just apply to the new exams, the SQE, without doing an conversion, for solicitors; I'm not quite sure but you will probably need to do a conversion then BPTC and get a pupillage.

Thanks that’s really helpful :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey, I’ve got an unconditional offer from Warwick for PPL and I just had some questions that I was hoping someone may be able to help with.
1) does anyone know the size of the PPL course (as in how many students are admitted per year) as I can’t find this info online
2) Ideally I’d like to hear from anyone at Warwick currently on this course on their general opinion of it
3) As the Law part is BA, what would you need to do after graduating to receive a “proper” law qualification?

what alevels did you do?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi.
I'd love to suggest you speak to Joana, our current Student Blogger who is studying PPL....and she can hopefully give you insight into 1) and 3) too!

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/unibuddy/

Richard

Quick Reply

Latest