The Student Room Group

Looking for medical elective destinations with free accomodation?

Looking for destinations preferably in Europe that offer free hospital accomodation to medical students doing their elective.
I got free accommodation, but it was just a quirk of the placement I chose and it wasn't in Europe. There were also no admin/teaching/placement fees, which I suspect more than a few places in Europe now ask for.

I suggest you browse electives.net or your med school's database or whatever and see if you can find what you're after.
Original post by nexttime
I got free accommodation, but it was just a quirk of the placement I chose and it wasn't in Europe. There were also no admin/teaching/placement fees, which I suspect more than a few places in Europe now ask for.

I suggest you browse electives.net or your med school's database or whatever and see if you can find what you're after.

Could you tell me more about where you did your elective and which company did you go with? Thanks :smile:
Original post by dr_dave
Looking for destinations preferably in Europe that offer free hospital accomodation to medical students doing their elective.

IFMSA exchanges- should be on FB. they have afew spaces available

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdA19AIgfFqMFLIueok3NJ4Zwb2lFM1DkTBLgSP8iooy32VQg/viewform
Original post by annacorriero
Could you tell me more about where you did your elective and which company did you go with? Thanks :smile:

I did my elective in rural Tanzania.

I would never use a company when I could just organise myself.
second that wouldn't go with a company
only charity or indepdently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending