The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Architecture and Interdisciplinary studies

I've applied for UCL Architecture and Interdisciplinary studies and will have my interview on 21st January and was wondering if anyone else has had their interview already. I was also asked to submit an extended personal statement prior to attending my interview but wasn't sure what to include or how much I should write?
Original post by hokyung1121
I've applied for UCL Architecture and Interdisciplinary studies and will have my interview on 21st January and was wondering if anyone else has had their interview already. I was also asked to submit an extended personal statement prior to attending my interview but wasn't sure what to include or how much I should write?

Best of luck for tomorrow! I’ve applied to the same programme (I was torn between AIS and EAD), so I’ll be curious to hear how it goes for you... Do you know who’s interviewing you?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Psychetechne
Best of luck for tomorrow! I’ve applied to the same programme (I was torn between AIS and EAD), so I’ll be curious to hear how it goes for you... Do you know who’s interviewing you?

I forgot his name but there were 6 of us being interviewed and there were 2 interviewers, I had the tutor who teaches year 3 I believe. He seemed so uninterested in me though! I felt like everyone else had a bigger and better portfolio than mine aha I hope you hear back soon
Original post by hokyung1121
I forgot his name but there were 6 of us being interviewed and there were 2 interviewers, I had the tutor who teaches year 3 I believe. He seemed so uninterested in me though! I felt like everyone else had a bigger and better portfolio than mine aha I hope you hear back soon

Sounds like it might have been Brent?

Was everyone there being interviewed for AIS? Seems likely a few might have been there for K100 too, in which case you’d expect them to have bigger/better portfolios. - In any event, try not to worry about other people; you’ll be assessed on the quality of your work and whether it’s demonstrate artistic ability, you won’t be in direct competition with the other applicants (especially not for AIS which only has around 50 students in total).

Tell me more (if you don’t mind), what kind of things did he ask?
Reply 4
I applied in October for AIS but I'm an international student. Does this mean I won't be interviewed for a decision? Because it's already February and I'm getting slightly anxious.
Original post by maga27
I applied in October for AIS but I'm an international student. Does this mean I won't be interviewed for a decision? Because it's already February and I'm getting slightly anxious.

You’ll likely be invited for a Skype interview, but you won’t be expected to travel all the way to the UK (unless you want to)... as for the timeframe, it’s a stressful time for everyone, but I can appreciate must be more so for an international student with the extra arrangements you need to make. The way in which applicants are pooled together and assessed means it can take a very long time to get a response, but perhaps it’ll ease your thinking if I suggest “no news, is good news” - insofar as it means your application is still being considered, rather than having been rejected.

You should feel free to drop Christine (Cutbush, admissions) an email asking if there’s any opportunity to have your application expedited on the basis that you’ll need to make travel arrangements, etc. Be polite, maybe drop in something along the lines of why AIS is the programme for you, and then cross your fingers and continue hoping for the best. Good luck.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Does anyone have general stats on the AIS course, such as how many applicants or what the general class sizes are?
Reply 7
You’ll likely be invited for a Skype interview, but you won’t be expected to travel all the way to the UK (unless you want to)... as for the timeframe, it’s a stressful time for everyone, but I can appreciate must be more so for an international student with the extra arrangements you need to make. The way in which applicants are pooled together and assessed means it can take a very long time to get a response, but perhaps it’ll ease your thinking if I suggest “no news, is good news” - insofar as it means your application is still being considered, rather than having been rejected.

You should feel free to drop Christine (Cutbash, admissions) an email asking if there’s any opportunity to have your application expedited on the basis that you’ll need to make travel arrangements, etc. Be polite, maybe drop in something along the lines of why AIS is the programme for you, and then cross your fingers and continue hoping for the best. Good luck.

Thanks so much! I definitely won't be able to travel to the UK, but UCL did say they'd offer Skype interviews.
Reply 8
Sounds like it might have been Brent?

Was everyone there being interviewed for AIS? Seems likely a few might have been there for K100 too, in which case you’d expect them to have bigger/better portfolios. - In any event, try not to worry about other people; you’ll be assessed on the quality of your work and whether it’s demonstrate artistic ability, you won’t be in direct competition with the other applicants (especially not for AIS which only has around 50 students in total).

Tell me more (if you don’t mind), what kind of things did he ask?

Sorry I've only seen this now, he asked me stuff on my personal statement such as my volunteering at a museum. Not so much on my portfolio actually. When I was there, everyone who was being interviewed were applying for AIS. I haven't heard back from them since.
Reply 9
Has anyone here received a response of any kind?
Original post by maga27
Has anyone here received a response of any kind?

Nope, not even an interview. I even have an offer for the engineering and architectural design course. I called recently to ask about the AIS course and they said skype interviews are in the process of being arranged for next week.
Reply 11
Still no news, huh? My Track says they updated my app on 25th March but my Portico status hasn't changed and I can't see anything different (no interview email either). Would anyone know what's up with this?
Reply 12
Hi, did anyone apply this year to AIS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending