The Student Room Group

Funding for a primary PGCE after a bachelors and Master's

Hi,

I'm a bit confused if I am eligible for funding to study a 1 year PGCE for primary school teaching? As I have already done a 4 year undergrad course and had a Master's loan?

I have also been living in China for the past 5 months (UK citizen teaching ESL in China).

Can anyone shed any light? Im confused.

Thanks.
Which UK nation are you ordinarily resident in? If we know then your question can be referred to the appropriate student funding body.
Original post by 学生の父
Which UK nation are you ordinarily resident in? If we know then your question can be referred to the appropriate student funding body.

Of course! Silly me. I'm usually resident in England.
Original post by SophieSmall
Hi,

I'm a bit confused if I am eligible for funding to study a 1 year PGCE for primary school teaching? As I have already done a 4 year undergrad course and had a Master's loan?

I have also been living in China for the past 5 months (UK citizen teaching ESL in China).

Can anyone shed any light? Im confused.

Thanks.

Hi Sophie,

Your undergraduate and postgraduate funding won't effect you applying for PGCE funding unless you already hold a qualified teacher status. We will need proof to show that you have been in China for 5 months on a temporary basis. This could be if you hold a temporary VISA or temporary work contract.

Regards, Duncan
Original post by Duncan SFE
Hi Sophie,

Your undergraduate and postgraduate funding won't effect you applying for PGCE funding unless you already hold a qualified teacher status. We will need proof to show that you have been in China for 5 months on a temporary basis. This could be if you hold a temporary VISA or temporary work contract.

Regards, Duncan

I would be able to provide proof of a 1 year working contract and exit visa paperwork. Is that sufficient?

Would I be eligible for both tuition fee and maintenance loan?

Thanks for your quick response!
Original post by SophieSmall
I would be able to provide proof of a 1 year working contract and exit visa paperwork. Is that sufficient?

Would I be eligible for both tuition fee and maintenance loan?

Thanks for your quick response!

Hi Sophie,

Send as much evidence that you have as possible to show the time in China was temporary. Once received it will be up to the assessor if they accept this or not. If approved, then you would receive the Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending