Friendship Groups

Watch this thread
Crimson7777777
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need some help guys.

So on New Years I got quite upset as I saw my friendship group had all gone out together and I hadn’t been told about it. At all. I’m already part of kinda a splinter faction of our group (The Reject Squad) and I just felt so low.

The only person who has ever invited me out to anything I met in September when we started college. She helped me though it and I am so thankful for her.

A little while after I couldn’t shake the feeling that our friendship group was going to split. That at some point The Reject Squad would be forced out of the larger group. At that point I would have had about 4 true friends. Because I couldn’t get this feeling out of my head, I decided to try and make some more friends, specifically within the friendship group of the girl who helped me on New Years. So this week I’ve been sitting with them at lunch.

From yesterday this one person who is part of my old friendship group and The Reject Squad has started to give me teh cold shoulder. He’s basically ignoring me now and I think it may be because Im sitting with this new group. He thinks I’m trying to replace them all and is either refusing to talk to me or sending me a ‘goodbye’ gif.

I don’t want our friendship to break down, and I fear that this will be just the beginning. I haven’t told the wider group why I’m not sitting with them, only The Reject Squad

I really need some help with this. I don’t want to lose my friends from secondary, but I also don’t want to limit myself to their group.

Please help! Any advice is greatly appreciated
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Depends. If you get along with the other friend group and they will accept you in their group then you could join them, or you and the ‘reject’ friends as you call them could just split and be your own group. I used to have 14 friends in my ‘group’ in year 9 but none of us liked each other, fast forward to year 13 there’s only 5 of us left + one girl who sometimes hangs with us but we get on so well, literally never have fallouts and I’m infinitely happier than when I was in a bigger group. If you’re in a group that has like the popular half and then the reject half that’s sounds toxic as f*ck so you could be better off without them
Crimson7777777
Rep:
(Original post by Torigracex)
Depends. If you get along with the other friend group and they will accept you in their group then you could join them, or you and the ‘reject’ friends as you call them could just split and be your own group. I used to have 14 friends in my ‘group’ in year 9 but none of us liked each other, fast forward to year 13 there’s only 5 of us left + one girl who sometimes hangs with us but we get on so well, literally never have fallouts and I’m infinitely happier than when I was in a bigger group. If you’re in a group that has like the popular half and then the reject half that’s sounds toxic as f*ck so you could be better off without them
That is very helpful. I mean ideally I’d like to remain in bothe groups. My main concern is what would happen if our groups did fully split. I wouldn’t have many people. And although I’m an introvert and enjoy being on my own, I also need ppl around me. But thanks that’s rlly helpful 👍🏻
Crimson7777777
Rep:
*UPDATE*

I have tile the rest of the larger friendship group where I’ve been and why. I’ve told them that I’ve been with this other group trying to make friends. Teh first to rely made a joke of it which was great it was rlly helpful, but I’m waiting for the rest to see what they say. Crucially the guy whose giving me the cold shoulder is in that group chat as well, so hopefully this will convince him of my intentions. I would still rlly appreciate advice if anyone still has any to give
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (18)
25.71%
The paper was reasonable (31)
44.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
21.43%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
8.57%

Watched Threads