Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I don't trust that site. I bet if you answer 'yes' to downloading films you'll have get your house raided and your computer seized.
    For the 'pelting' part, you can upload a photo of your own friends...

...conspiracy? I think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    We have bought a legal copy so I don't see why they talk to us as though we are pirates.
    Aaaarr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Yeah that really annoys me. And the advert at the beginning comparing downloading an illegal film to stealing a car or a handbag. We have bought a legal copy so I don't see why they talk to us as though we are pirates.
    If it annoys me too much in one day I just watch some ep of any tv show online just too spite these people.

ReputationRep:
    Iv never seen someone mocked for downloading films. In fact alot of people i know prefer to hav a friend who can get the latest films.

Sometimes the media think too hard about how people will react to an advert and completely fau par.

And knock-off nigel shud be clued-up clark :-D

ReputationRep:
    the advert is just stupid. It makes me want to download illegally just to spite them for making such an awful ad.

I'll live stream when I miss a show on tv. They don't like that? I don't care, and a bunch of 30 somethings singing a daft song is not going to make me think about spending more than my student loan allows on dvds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJFarmer)
    I think the difference is that smoking is an addiction so it would be harsh to shame them. where as downloading movies for free and selling them isn't.
    No, I think the difference is that smoking isn't illegal, because it's not harming other people (now that it's been banned in public spots...) Whereas, you know, piracy is stealing, to some degree.

ReputationRep:
    They got it all wrong about the downloaded copies being crap quality too. You can now download DVD quality films, before they've even been released on DVD, while their still in the cinema! This form of piracy is pretty accepted now, you won't get mocked, you'l get praised.

Times are changing, MPAA need to start working with the public, not against them. When they gunna realise this is a losing war.

ReputationRep:
    The main guy singing is so poor from buying overpriced **** he can't even afford a razor to shave his ridiculous moustache off.

People are going to watch the advert and think..."you can downloadz filmz off interweb?" tap tap tap into google "awesome! thanks knockoff nigel"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    They got it all wrong about the downloaded copies being crap quality too. You can now download DVD quality films, before they've even been released on DVD, while their still in the cinema! This form of piracy is pretty accepted now, you won't get mocked, you'l get praised.

Times are changing, MPAA need to start working with the public, not against them. When they gunna realise this is a losing war.
    I can make clones of DVD's, where there is no noticable quality reduction and workable on a DVD player. Just like a lot of us can, but we are not all criminals. My main reason is to back up DVD's I own, there expensive lol.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    What really annoys me is when you actually BUY a film and you can't skip the annoying 'stealing movies is wrong' rubbish. I mean I've bought the damn thing already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobx2001)
    This may be a pointless rant, but I am really annoyed that there are people out there making an active effort to make people who download movies illegally fell bad. Yeah downloading a movie illegally is bad but then so is parking on a double yellow line for 10 minutes!

What happened to those adverts that shamed smokers? They ran some while ago but they are so infrequent!! They should really drop all this Nigel nonsense and replace it with my new character called "Smelly George." It may sound harsh but I would love it if the media put a serious effort to shame smokers, portray the smoker and an inconsiderate person smoking at a bus stop or something making elderly/asthmatics have difficulty breathing, then show the smoker not being able to afford a bus ticket then getting surrounded by people singing shaming the smoker.

No offence to smokers or anything but I think smokers deserve to be mocked on TV much more than people who download movies.
    "Achtung gimp boy! Hande hoch!" ----> the ads.

I reckon they're only making plans for Nigel... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Going to the cinema costs £6.50 a ticket, let alone parking/transport costs. Then for a drink and a bite to eat, you're looking at £10.

Dvd's are expensive as well. I just don't bother buying them, I just wait till it's on TV, there's always loads of movies on anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobx2001)

No offence to smokers
    I saw this and Lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    Its discriminatory to the name Nigel.

Anyway, what if your name is not Nigel.

Advert is so pointless and ridiculous has all the hallmarks of a government operation.

What would happen if the rest of society functioned that way, book companies having a go at people for sharing their books. Police raids on illegal car boot sales, school fetes and jumble sales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Damn I was about to say that ! Funny though
    Dad always told me I had a sister somewhere...
    Could it be? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    No, I think the difference is that smoking isn't illegal, because it's not harming other people (now that it's been banned in public spots...) Whereas, you know, piracy is stealing, to some degree.
    Odd that I was typing something about one being illegal as well in that original post, but it looked like I was babbling so I just deleted it and stuck with the one statement lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs_Sylar)
    young people are getting stabbed daily yet these policemen or whoever they are spend more time trying to fine us for downloading the whole of Heroes season two off Limewire than trying to stop knife crime. BAH, BAH and BAH once more.
    The police aren't the ones enforcing this.

ReputationRep:
    It hard to call downloading off the web illegal or bad when almost everyone as done it or still does it. People download songs and videos for free on the web nowadays. Closing down torrentspy was a great step to stopping illegal download but it is not the end and it doesn't look like there is an end to illegal downloads. I don't really see it as a very bad thing because it is something that is intentionally put on the web so it can be shared with everyone else

ReputationRep:
    sex offender sam and knock off nigel should gang up on smelly geogre and anne alcoholic, it would be like a tag team kinda thing

peadophile phil can referee it as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    What really annoys me is when you actually BUY a film and you can't skip the annoying 'stealing movies is wrong' rubbish. I mean I've bought the damn thing already!
    This needs to be addressed, it's incredibly irritating and I think I'll decide what I will/will not steal without some stupid video clip telling me.

People who take the moral high ground with regards to downloads being bad need shot as well.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.