The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Did not receive a confirmation email from Glasgow

Hi all,

I sent my UCAS application off on 16 December and received confirmation emails from my other 4 choices within a week, but Glasgow University has yet to respond.

Friends of mine received an email from Glasgow within a few days of sending off their application so now I’m freaking out - does this mean they don’t have my application?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
I haven't had conformation for all of my choices either, you shouldn't have any issues. Maybe contact the uni to check if you're concerned
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
All Unis process applications for differently for different subjects - and even if someone else already has an offer for the same subject it doesn't mean anything significant. If you are that worried then phone Glasgow but its unlikely they will be able to tell you anything.
Have you checked your email spam folder as it may end up in there? They send our confirmation emails by a different system called mycampus so the confirmation email comes much later (i think mine came about 4 weeks after I sent my application). If you’re really worried call their admissions and ask them to check if they’ve received your application
Glasgow are generally quite fast, if you already have an offer on ucas track don't worry about the confirmation email, you'll get it eventually.
I got an offer 3 days after applying but i didn't get an email until like 3 weeks later when I applied last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending