alexandrapeanut
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey, I just applied to the Courtauld MA in History of Art. Just thought I would make a thread for sharing any advice, updates etc.
I applied to
1. Victorian Science
2. Miniature to Monumental
3. Art in Northern Europe

I've had 2 emails, one acknowledging my application and one saying it was completed (i.e. they received my references)

klmdutch
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just submitted my application this afternoon. I applied to 1) The Sixties 2) Global China and 3) Documentary reborn. Already anxious about hearing back!
gigileung
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! Just submitted mine yesterday too - applied to 1) Art, Identity, Trade and Politics in the Middle Ages; and 2) Miniature to Monumental.And I just wanted to ask if your referees got the email invitation at once? Because mine haven't heard from them yet and I'm a bit worried! Thanks
klmdutch
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by gigileung)
Hi! Just submitted mine yesterday too - applied to 1) Art, Identity, Trade and Politics in the Middle Ages; and 2) Miniature to Monumental.And I just wanted to ask if your referees got the email invitation at once? Because mine haven't heard from them yet and I'm a bit worried! Thanks
I know one of my referees did within a day or two — not sure about the other one. I may write him and ask him to check his junk folder.
gigileung
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by klmdutch)
I know one of my referees did within a day or two — not sure about the other one. I may write him and ask him to check his junk folder.
Thanks for the reply. My referees did now, but there was a few days of delay, so I'd definitely recommend asking yours to check.
Benton72
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HI! I applied to 1) Beyond Utopia: New Geographies of Russian Art; 2) Collecting and Curating the Modern: European Art 1863-1930; 3)Global Conceptualism: The Last Avant-Garde or a New Beginning?I am wanting o focus on Modern and Russian Art. Courtauld is my top choice and I'm really hoping for good news! I'm a foreign applicant so extra nervous.
gigileung
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Benton72)
HI! I applied to 1) Beyond Utopia: New Geographies of Russian Art; 2) Collecting and Curating the Modern: European Art 1863-1930; 3)Global Conceptualism: The Last Avant-Garde or a New Beginning?I am wanting o focus on Modern and Russian Art. Courtauld is my top choice and I'm really hoping for good news! I'm a foreign applicant so extra nervous.
Hi! Foreign applicant here too - I'm from Hong Kong. Where are you from? Best of luck!!
jemfr1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I've only applied for the Sixties one. Which universities do you all go to?
alexandrapeanut
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
last semester at Edinburgh Uni here
Benton72
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gigileung)
Hi! Foreign applicant here too - I'm from Hong Kong. Where are you from? Best of luck!!
Hi! I'm American! Best of luck to you also!
JuliaHaggard
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello all, I received an offer for the MA Countercultures: Alternative Art in Eastern EU and Latin America which I am planning to accept! Looking forward to meeting you in October :-) Best, Yulia
Last edited by JuliaHaggard; 1 month ago
alexandrapeanut
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JuliaHaggard)
Hello all, I received an offer for the MA Countercultures: Alternative Art in Eastern EU and Latin America which I am planning to accept! Looking forward to meeting you in October :-) Best, Yulia
wow, well done!
dosReis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JuliaHaggard)
Same here Yulia. Congrats!
Kitkatbakery
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have been contacted for an interview for the Miniature to monumental program. Has anyone else been contacted for an interview?
If so, how did it go?
Last edited by Kitkatbakery; 1 month ago
Gmdxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well done to everyone who heard back! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the 60s module yet? Best of luck to everyone x
jemfr1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gmdxo)
Well done to everyone who heard back! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the 60s module yet? Best of luck to everyone x
Nope I was wondering same thing! well done to everyone who has !!
jemfr1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dosReis)
congrats !! did you get immediate place or get interviewed??
dosReis
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jemfr1)
Thank you! I got an unconditional offer straight away. I’m so thankful. what about you?
JuliaHaggard
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dosReis)
Congrats! Did you receive an offer for MA Countercultures: Alternative Art in Eastern EU and Latin America or another option? :-) where are you based currently?
JuliaHaggard
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jemfr1)
I received an unconditional offer, no interview. Which option are you applying for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (91)
63.19%
No (53)
36.81%

Watched Threads