What’s occurin’ with the Royals?

Watch
Anonymousamie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone sum it up for me please. I’m not clued up on these things because I haven’t watched the news in a quick min lmao, but my parents keep ranting about Meghan and Harry and having an INTENSE debate.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
Can someone sum it up for me please. I’m not clued up on these things because I haven’t watched the news in a quick min lmao, but my parents keep ranting about Meghan and Harry and having an INTENSE debate.
Meghan and Harry have stepped down as senior royals and want to become financially independent. They're planning on living between North America and here. According to the news, they didn't consult anybody (not even the Queen) so the other royals apparently aren't happy. That's pretty much it. It's not really anything to concern ourselves with seeing as Harry is so far down the line to the throne, and honestly they have basically no relevance to our lives so I don't understand why people are getting so fussy about it.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Interesting the blame is all on Meghan and the centre of attention in the eyes of the gammons running the Sun/Daily Mail etc. - Uncle Andrew got off light.

What is this with this nation hounding every single woman to marry into the royal family?

Also, interesting to note, why people do not consider Harry could also have greatly contributed to this decision, especially in the way the press treated Diana, imo this has been a long time coming

Allie4
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Interesting the blame is all on Meghan and the centre of attention in the eyes of the gammons running the Sun/Daily Mail etc. - Uncle Andrew got off light.
exactly, poor woman has been the scapegoat since stepping foot into that family. no wonder shes leaving. getting her final revenge it seems
swyww
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Meghan and Harry have stepped down as senior royals and want to become financially independent. They're planning on living between North America and here. According to the news, they didn't consult anybody (not even the Queen) so the other royals apparently aren't happy. That's pretty much it. It's not really anything to concern ourselves with seeing as Harry is so far down the line to the throne, and honestly they have basically no relevance to our lives so I don't understand why people are getting so fussy about it.
Exactly, at this point I believe William's children are even above Harry in terms of the succession to the royal throne. It doesn't really matter what they do as it's their own life, and to be honest no should really be getting upset apart from the royals. At the end of the day, Meghan has gone through so much with the media constantly criticising her, and so I do think they'll be better off stepping down as senior royals. What the media should be focusing on is how Phillip got away with the car accident scot-free and Prince Andrew's relationship with Harry Epstein. However, I do feel as though removing their wax figures from Madam Tussauds is extreme.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by swyww)
removing their wax figures from Madam Tussauds is extreme.
literally what Katie Hopkins ekes a living out of, stirring up the pot of controversy to gain notoriety
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by swyww)
Exactly, at this point I believe William's children are even above Harry in terms of the succession to the royal throne. It doesn't really matter what they do as it's their own life, and to be honest no should really be getting upset apart from the royals. At the end of the day, Meghan has gone through so much with the media constantly criticising her, and so I do think they'll be better off stepping down as senior royals. What the media should be focusing on is how Phillip got away with the car accident scot-free and Prince Andrew's relationship with Harry Epstein. However, I do feel as though removing their wax figures from Madam Tussauds is extreme.
William's kids are above Harry in the succession.

The wax figures are still there, they just are no longer stood with the other royals.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Honestly I don't know why we still have royals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads