Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am going into year 10 and I think I'm just going to look over the maths for the gcse course that we've already learnt. But I'm gonna leave it to the end of August lol.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't bother.
    For me there wasn't anything that hard/different about Year 10, only the amount of Art homework we got..

ReputationRep:
    Seriously guys, enjoy the summer. I know it sounds like a good idea to try to get ahead, but everyone else in your class is going to have to learn this stuff first time round and that will frustrate you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh just enjoy the summer while you can! Leave the school stuff for school time! Especially since your only going into year 10

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going into Year 10. I'm not really doing anything. If your seriously wanting to, then buy some books of the subjects your studying. But seriously, I'll be out most summer, you should to .

-Irtiza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Charlotte)
    In Year 9, I have basically P***** around in all lessons and sleeping. I am doing GCSE Maths earlier, which to be honest is the only subject i work in. I am in the top set for everything, however i have been warned if i dont start pulling my weight when i go back into school i will be kicked out of top set.

Wouldnt it be good to go over My work prior to my GCSES? I have two languages ( French and Japanese) Wouldnt it be good to keep the vocabulary fresh in my mind?
    If you're doing maths early, then go over some of that if you're really keen. But seriously, enjoy your summer while you can! You recap most of the KS3 stuff at the beginning of the GCSE courses anyway, so I really wouldn't bother. You will have plenty of work next year, so don't put pressure on yourself to start earlier!

I would suggest that you start working hard when you go back next year, bacuse if you don't you will get behind on coursework and the last thing you want is to have a major coursework crisis at the same time as you're having to revise for modules or something.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    No need, really. Enjoy yourself over the summer.

I didnt even care about my GCSE's until the january before them.

Don't

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother. Y10 doesn't really feel any different except that you've given up some of the more useless subjects like Textiles and some of the ones you hate, like Latin (for me, anyway).

It's really not worth trying to learn stuff.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt do it, the only time i worked in year 10 was for coursework, i just messed around in lessons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Seriously, don't bother.
    For me there wasn't anything that hard/different about Year 10, only the amount of Art homework we got..
    Ditto. If you took art prepare for the incoming load of work.

Other than that year 10 is mainly a coursework year (well it was for me anyway - I only did 1/2 pieces in year 11) so all you need to do is keep on top of those deadlines. Save the revision for easter holidays of year 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Ditto. If you took art prepare for the incoming load of work.

Other than that year 10 is mainly a coursework year (well it was for me anyway - I only did 1/2 pieces in year 11) so all you need to do is keep on top of those deadlines. Save the revision for easter holidays of year 11.
    agreed

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.