The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you don't actually need a job
Reply 21
Mark266
don't take this wrong way but perhaps your ugly or that you don't make a good appearance. have you considered that?

skeen
maybe its because knobs like you who probably get £4.25 an hour take my cv and discard it because of the competition. have you considered that?
Reply 22
Riolent Vapist
you don't actually need a job

i dooooooooooooooooooo!
Reply 23
Most chain shops will want GCSE results before giving you a job, wait till August.
Reply 24
Mrs_Sylar
skeen
maybe its because knobs like you who probably get £4.25 an hour take my cv and discard it because of the competition. have you considered that?

oi dnt get rude with me, i was giving u a tip.

and fyii get £6.98 an hour, if that helps:smile:
It's been 397 days since I've turned 16.
I have tried almost 200 shops and employers in this town and the two adjacent to it.
I have had 3 interviews.
I have had 0 job offers.

I feel your pain. Except I feel the pain you'll be feeling in 411 days time! (With no money)
Norfolkadam
I have tried almost 200 shops and employers in this town and the two adjacent to it.
I have had 3 interviews.
I have had 0 job offers.

I feel your pain. Except I feel the pain you'll be feeling in 411 days time! (With no money)

Whaaaa? thats a real run of bad luck, I started the job search a month ago and so far no luck- although a friend offered me the "saturday boy" post in a hairdressers which I have yet to investigate :biggrin:
trefusis128
Whaaaa? thats a real run of bad luck, I started the job search a month ago and so far no luck- although a friend offered me the "saturday boy" post in a hairdressers which I have yet to investigate :biggrin:

There are just no jobs here, none at all. I think everywhere in Norfolk and North Sufolk now has a copy of my CV but they don't want someone who will only be working for a year and only on weekends.

Sucky situation.
Agreed- but best of luck and keep trying! If a good position comes up Im not going to mention that I'll only be working for a few months- then when the time comes make up some excuse about moving house...
Reply 29
Norfolkadam
I have had 3 interviews.
I have had 0 job offers.

noooooooooooooooo!

not even "good luck" but instead the wicked fate. tbh im gonna stop soon its become tedious
Reply 30
You're not the only one. I bet there's loads of other people who want a job. I'd say that since you have no work experience I'd suggest doing voluntary work in a charity shop as such, so then you'll get the experience and employers will look favourably upon having done some voluntary work on your CV. Also, I think you can choose your hours and stop when you want to.

Perhaps do it whilst you look for work?
Reply 31
Sk1lLz
You're not the only one. I bet there's loads of other people who want a job. I'd say that since you have no work experience I'd suggest doing voluntary work in a charity shop as such, so then you'll get the experience and employers will look favourably upon having done some voluntary work on your CV. Also, I think you can choose your hours and stop when you want to.

Perhaps do it whilst you look for work?

good idea i need to get retail experience and sales and that so a charity shop will be ideal

boy im so glad im going to college next month otherwise i think i'd be unemployed for life
Well you are doing something wrong if you got rejected from Maccy D's.. you need to be of the legal school leaving age which is around July 1st... and you do not need to be 16.
Reply 33
Jessikar
Well you are doing something wrong if you got rejected from Maccy D's.. you need to be of the legal school leaving age which is around July 1st... and you do not need to be 16.

i think its because on the application i said i didnt have a GCSE in english and maths which i technically dont and my working hours i chose weren't much but still it was the biggest bummer ever - any time i think about it my mouth gapes open slightly :eek:

maybe i'm too dumb for mcdonalds...jeez all you gotta do is ask if someone wants "fries with that" - i just can't believe it...they'll be sorry
Mrs_Sylar
i think its because on the application i said i didnt have a GCSE in english and maths which i technically dont and my working hours i chose weren't much but still it was the biggest bummer ever - any time i think about it my mouth gapes open slightly :eek:

maybe i'm too dumb for mcdonalds...jeez all you gotta do is ask if someone wants "fries with that" - i just can't believe it...they'll be sorry

Yeah no wonder you got rejected if you have that attitude... you do realise that if you did get accepted you would be one of those people and just because some haven't been to college, they are still extremely clever and have the smarts needed for the job as i have learnt first hand. And no it wasnt because you didnt have a GCSE as neither did the oter ten 16 year olds who were a the welcoming meeting!
How do YOU know your CV is good? You might want to post it in the CV thread and have someone review it, as well as reading the tips through the thread.

Also, a lot of companies don't accept unsolicited CVs and throw them away. Have you been to your local job centre or registered with an agency?

Not getting a job is NOT bad luck. You are doing something fundamentally wrong.
Reply 36
Seriously, supermarkets? As long as your jump through their hoops and answer the questions on 'what would you do in this situation' then it's not that tricky to get a job? In interviews don't be too loud or obvious. In retail they want someone who is quiet, unambitious, helpful, yet content with being on a till for 4 hours stretches.
Reply 37
Jessikar
Yeah no wonder you got rejected if you have that attitude... you do realise that if you did get accepted you would be one of those people and just because some haven't been to college, they are still extremely clever and have the smarts needed for the job as i have learnt first hand. And no it wasnt because you didnt have a GCSE as neither did the oter ten 16 year olds who were a the welcoming meeting!

point taken
but its only cos im p***ed off - my attitude is usually optimistic but constant rejection can change someone's attitude

and yes i know u can be smart and work in mcdonalds, i was just being bitchy
Reply 38
McDonalds turned me down too. Now I earn 200%+ more per hour than those *******s do! :p:
Reply 39
BlackHawk
Not getting a job is NOT bad luck. You are doing something fundamentally wrong.

like what? (not a rhetorical question) what else should i put on my cv then ive got work experience, future plans, achievements, awards, skills and interests, referees...

Latest

Trending

Trending