Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This goes out to all the people who went to the University of Memphis, goes there, or knows about. Well, I'm 16 year going to be 17 in august. I love what University of Memphis offers but the problem is that when I graduate from high school in May 2009. My dad says I can't go because of money. For all those who are out of state that are going there now. Isn't what I heard that it's a cake walk to get into school. I'm not going to school there too party. I'm there to get me a degree so that I don't have to be some guy for 50 years working at Mcdonald's or BurgerKing because that would be sad. I make A's and B's. I'm going to retake my SAT. I made a 1200 on my first SAT which was bad, but when I checked for what they required I already past there test requirements. I'm good in math and science. I just need money. Financial aid to be specific. I really need some help. You guys are probably asking where do you live. I live in Beaumont, Texas. University of Memphis is only but 7 hours from there. By the way, if any person who goes there can answer this question. Does anyone of you play a sport and in engineering or medical or law. I like soccer alot. I was hoping to play soccer. I wondering if they take newbies. Also, are there any good little jobs: for example like restaurants. I really need help. If that fails then I need help getting into Baylor University.

ReputationRep:
    I just need money. Financial aid to be specific.
    I think you need to be realistic. The cost of attendance for out of state students last year was $28,441. That's a hefty price tag for a mediocre OOS public school. Is it worth it?

http://www.enrollment.memphis.edu/FI...ninfo.html#coa

On average, only 81% financial need was met for students who qualified for financial aid. The average FA package was $8700. OOS students undoubtedly receive a bit more aid than this, but it's still a lot to pay.

http://oir.memphis.edu/cds/CDS2007_2008.pdf

Why not consider some of the public schools in Texas? Baylor would be considerably cheaper with a better reputation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asimon2008)
    This goes out to all the people who went to the University of Memphis, goes there, or knows about. Well, I'm 16 year going to be 17 in august. I love what University of Memphis offers but the problem is that when I graduate from high school in May 2009. My dad says I can't go because of money. For all those who are out of state that are going there now. Isn't what I heard that it's a cake walk to get into school. I'm not going to school there too party. I'm there to get me a degree so that I don't have to be some guy for 50 years working at Mcdonald's or BurgerKing because that would be sad. I make A's and B's. I'm going to retake my SAT. I made a 1200 on my first SAT which was bad, but when I checked for what they required I already past there test requirements. I'm good in math and science. I just need money. Financial aid to be specific. I really need some help. You guys are probably asking where do you live. I live in Beaumont, Texas. University of Memphis is only but 7 hours from there. By the way, if any person who goes there can answer this question. Does anyone of you play a sport and in engineering or medical or law. I like soccer alot. I was hoping to play soccer. I wondering if they take newbies. Also, are there any good little jobs: for example like restaurants. I really need help. If that fails then I need help getting into Baylor University.
    Apply to some open minded universities with good financial aid programs. Good luck.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.