Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am a thirteen year old girl(maybe). When I was really little I used to only wear dresses, now I wear more boyish clothes, but that part doesn't matter. Recently I've been questioning my gender, I don't quite know why but I feel like I might be a boy, I haven't told anyone just in case I don't feel that way later. I already decided I was pan(kinda closeted) a while ago. It's not like I feel unwelcome in my body per say, okay well sort of but, whenever I think that I feel like it's just me lying to myself, I'm not transphobic but I almost feel like I don't deserve to be a boy? I feel closer to boys too and hard for me to talk to them but when I do I feel more myself. My hobbies aren't very gender specific, I don't think I'm non-binary but I don't know if I should be trans. All cards on the table I think I want to be a boy, but then again sometimes I want to be a girl. This is really confusing but please help.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
I'd wait a while before you make a final decision, if you really feel like you should be a boy and you want to be trans, then go for it, but it sounds like you're still very unsure on what you should be, so my advice is just to wait it out a bit and see how things play out. As you get older and you learn about new things, i'm sure you'll come to a final decision sooner or later.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thanks for the response
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't think I'm non-binary but I don't know if I should be trans.
No. Just no. Being trans is not a decision that you make. You are born trans.

You sound like a teenager who still hasn't worked out quite who they are and what they like. You do not sound like someone who is trans.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
The only person who can know whether or not you are trans is yourself. Take some time to think about it and do some research; there is no need to rush into a decision, nor any need to worry about it. I know it can be frustrating when you don't fully understand yourself, but trying to force a conclusion/decision is not going to help you. I went through that when questioning my sexuality, and ended up coming out as something I realised later that I wasn't sure I was. Sometimes these things can be very complicated, and there will not always be a word to perfectly describe what you are feeling. I found letting go of the need to label myself to be very helpful, but that will not work for everyone.

It might be worth looking into gender fluidity, if you haven't already, given you mentioned sometimes feeling like a boy and sometimes like a girl.

Try not to rush through any of this or put pressure on yourself to reach an answer because you run the risk of finding one that you may later disagree with. There is nothing wrong with taking the time to be sure, however long that may take. You will learn more about yourself as time goes on, and your situation will become clearer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (63)
15.63%
1 (50)
12.41%
2 (53)
13.15%
3 (80)
19.85%
4 (83)
20.6%
5 (74)
18.36%