The Student Room Group

CPR - Do I need more evidence?

I'm planning to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons to so that I can gain an extra year of funding for the year I'm currently studying. Long story short, I've dropped out of one Uni, reapplied at another but failed a year and now I'm retaking. I have 2 years left of funding left and have to fund this year's tuition fees myself.

I've emailed the admissions team at the first University I attended to ask for a letter to detail my reasons for withdrawing the course. I have also emailed my GP who has written a letter for me that I will pick up soon. I'm worried that the University I contacted won't respond to my email and whether or not my GP's letter will suffice as enough evidence to have my CPR claim accepted. Will it be enough? If not, what else can and should I include?
Original post by SenseiPersona
I'm planning to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons to so that I can gain an extra year of funding for the year I'm currently studying. Long story short, I've dropped out of one Uni, reapplied at another but failed a year and now I'm retaking. I have 2 years left of funding left and have to fund this year's tuition fees myself.

I've emailed the admissions team at the first University I attended to ask for a letter to detail my reasons for withdrawing the course. I have also emailed my GP who has written a letter for me that I will pick up soon. I'm worried that the University I contacted won't respond to my email and whether or not my GP's letter will suffice as enough evidence to have my CPR claim accepted. Will it be enough? If not, what else can and should I include?

Hi there,

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons(CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course, you can provide evidence of this to see if it is possible to get an additional year of finance. The Evidence can be a letter from someone in a profession i.e Doctor or Lecturer who knows of the CPR. They would need to confirm they know what the CPR is, how it affected your studies and dates of when it affected you. The letter must be on headed paper signed and dated and once received would be up to the assessor if they're happy to accept it. The more evidence you can provide the better chance you have of if being accepted. Thanks, Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending