What are the chances of me getting HIV? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Last weekend I had unprotected oral sex for about 10 minutes, but only received it from a guy. He said he was HIV negative but I mean you can never be sure. As far as I’m aware there were no open cuts or anything in his mouth and I had none of my genitals.

What is the chances of me getting HIV from this? I am so scared I have it and I’m petrified. Should I get tested for it or is it not worth it as it’s very unlikely? Idk what to do. I have no symptoms yet but what if I do later. I regret it so much.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have already asked this question. The chances are pretty small but the only way to know would be to be tested. It is always worth getting tested when you are putting yourself at risk by having any form of unprotected sex. Literally no disadvantages to having a test so just do it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
You have already asked this question. The chances are pretty small but the only way to know would be to be tested. It is always worth getting tested when you are putting yourself at risk by having any form of unprotected sex. Literally no disadvantages to having a test so just do it.
Sorry I’m just so nervous. When’s the best time to get tested, and should I also go in 3 and then 6 months too or is there no risk
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry I’m just so nervous. When’s the best time to get tested, and should I also go in 3 and then 6 months too or is there no risk
I think it depends on the kind of test they use - some can give you an answer a 1 month after you put yourself at risk and some can only give you an answer after 3 months (I don't much about this, just that there are different tests that can be done). I'm not sure if you need another test after 6 months. Personally, I would make an appointment at the sexual health or with the GP and discuss it with them- they will be able to give you much more accurate advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.05%
12.48%
12.36%
18.25%
23.29%
19.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise