gshort
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
A bit of a weird/random/long one, but I’m not sure if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar. Basically, back in November I moved in with my cousin and her family in order to have better access to good universities. I was very lucky and managed to get two unconditional offers, one for a uni near where I’m living with my cousin (which I love and really want to go to), and one near my old family home. I’m really close to my family back home, and we grew even closer after some horrible life events (but that’s not the point of this story!). I spoke to my mum about accepting the offer to the uni near my cousin, and she said she was perfectly happy and that I should do what will make me happy. Also, my friend (who goes to the other uni I got an offer from), said that she was happy too, but I just don’t get “happy vibes” from them? I just feel... guilty? Like I shouldn’t be happy, or that I shouldn’t be leaving them? Obviously I’m only feeling this way through my own mind, they haven’t made me feel guilty through anything they’ve said or done, but I was wondering if anybody else felt guilty when they accepted certain uni offers? Or am I just being completely insecure? 🤣
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gshort)
A bit of a weird/random/long one, but I’m not sure if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar. Basically, back in November I moved in with my cousin and her family in order to have better access to good universities. I was very lucky and managed to get two unconditional offers, one for a uni near where I’m living with my cousin (which I love and really want to go to), and one near my old family home. I’m really close to my family back home, and we grew even closer after some horrible life events (but that’s not the point of this story!). I spoke to my mum about accepting the offer to the uni near my cousin, and she said she was perfectly happy and that I should do what will make me happy. Also, my friend (who goes to the other uni I got an offer from), said that she was happy too, but I just don’t get “happy vibes” from them? I just feel... guilty? Like I shouldn’t be happy, or that I shouldn’t be leaving them? Obviously I’m only feeling this way through my own mind, they haven’t made me feel guilty through anything they’ve said or done, but I was wondering if anybody else felt guilty when they accepted certain uni offers? Or am I just being completely insecure? 🤣
I think I understand what you mean.

Best to accept that life moves on, and you're about to start a new chapter. You won't be 'leaving' your friends or your family permanently, you can always visit them and they can visit you. There's always the summer and Christmas break, too.

You will meet new people as well, it'll be a good experience.

Congratulations on your two unconditionals.
gshort
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
I think I understand what you mean.

Best to accept that life moves on, and you're about to start a new chapter. You won't be 'leaving' your friends or your family permanently, you can always visit them and they can visit you. There's always the summer and Christmas break, too.

You will meet new people as well, it'll be a good experience.

Congratulations on your two unconditionals.
Thank you so much for this! This has really helped 🙌
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (90)
13.02%
1 (89)
12.88%
2 (89)
12.88%
18.96%
22.43%
19.83%

Watched Threads