My motivation for GCSE's (GyG) Watch

RoisinTewkesbury
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So....

I'd like to say I've been productive today. Woke up, had breakfast, done some intense maths revision, made a history resource for this website (it was an Elizabethan England resource), had a shower and washed my hair and am about to go to church.

I'm very nervous for next week because I should be hearing back from the sixth form I got the interview for a couple of weeks ago. I don't really think I've got in but everyone I've talked to about it believes I have.

Yesterday was Friday so we had year assembly. NCS had come in and talked to us about it so I was wondering if any of you have gone through it and if you would recommend it?

This was quite a short one today so I'll finish now.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask any questions!
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RoisinTewkesbury)
So....

I'd like to say I've been productive today. Woke up, had breakfast, done some intense maths revision, made a history resource for this website (it was an Elizabethan England resource), had a shower and washed my hair and am about to go to church.

I'm very nervous for next week because I should be hearing back from the sixth form I got the interview for a couple of weeks ago. I don't really think I've got in but everyone I've talked to about it believes I have.

Yesterday was Friday so we had year assembly. NCS had come in and talked to us about it so I was wondering if any of you have gone through it and if you would recommend it?

This was quite a short one today so I'll finish now.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask any questions!
PRSOM
Good to hear you're getting through your revision materials and source materials quickly, it's always good to have a little practice.

Hoping your sixth form applications and stuff are going well, have you had any responses yet? I've been away from TSR for a while but I'm now back so I'm wondering if anyone responded yet. I'll be here if you ever need a chat (or you can get me on Twitter/Instagram at gerardswarning) :hugs:

NCS is a good thing to do yes but a lot of people have had negative responses to it that may make it more difficult to decide on - it's really up to you!
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by emilynxlan)
PRSOM
Good to hear you're getting through your revision materials and source materials quickly, it's always good to have a little practice.

Hoping your sixth form applications and stuff are going well, have you had any responses yet? I've been away from TSR for a while but I'm now back so I'm wondering if anyone responded yet. I'll be here if you ever need a chat (or you can get me on Twitter/Instagram at gerardswarning) :hugs:

NCS is a good thing to do yes but a lot of people have had negative responses to it that may make it more difficult to decide on - it's really up to you!
I haven't had any replies yet though I should be hearing back from them this week hopefully. I don't think I will do NCS just because I'm already doing so much that my parents have to pay for so it's unfair. Thank you for reading and catching up!
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't had any replies yet though I should be hearing back from them this week hopefully. I don't think I will do NCS just because I'm already doing so much that my parents have to pay for so it's unfair. Thank you for reading and catching up!
You're welcome! Do you want tagged in my GYG? I forgot to ask before aaaaa
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
You're welcome! Do you want tagged in my GYG? I forgot to ask before aaaaa
Ok! That would be great. Thank you!
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok! That would be great. Thank you!
You're welcome!
LucyOr15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello xx
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
(Original post by LucyOr15)
Hello xx
hi!
LucyOr15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi!
I found you
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
(Original post by LucyOr15)
I found you
he he I found you too
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
Hello!
I've got such a busy week this week so I decided to post now.

Today is the only day that I'm actually get home at my normal time. It's frankly quite sad. This is the deal:
Tomorrow- Singing
Wednesday- Watching a musical with my friends
Thursday- History Revision
Friday- Off to Berlin for a school trip

Man I'm gonna be soooooo tired. Great.

My day was not too great today. I hadn't seen one of my friends for the whole weekend and the first thing she says to me when we got back was 'Ha you look like (my teacher's name who I don't like)' Just because I put my hair a certain way for that lesson and it really got to me.

In other news, I still haven't heard back from the sixth form I applied to and I'm kinda worried....

Time to tell you about my day:

• Period 1/2- Double French. YAY! (sense the sarcasm?). My friend and I messed around the whole lesson so it really wasn't that bad.
  • Period 3- Maths. Trigonometry, I love maths so much so I was really excited to do this topic (You guys should know me by now)
  • Period 4- English. We had a cover but when that comment was made it made me feel bad idk why though... But I had a fun lesson none the less.
  • Period 5- Physics. Boring Stuff. Waves and stuff
  • Period 6- Chemistry. We did a test on the Earth's atmosphere, which was really not that hard so I'm not really bothered about it.

Well I hope your day was better than mine and Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask any questions!
Mujstar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello!
I've got such a busy week this week so I decided to post now.

Today is the only day that I'm actually get home at my normal time. It's frankly quite sad. This is the deal:
Tomorrow- Singing
Wednesday- Watching a musical with my friends
Thursday- History Revision
Friday- Off to Berlin for a school trip

Man I'm gonna be soooooo tired. Great.

My day was not too great today. I hadn't seen one of my friends for the whole weekend and the first thing she says to me when we got back was 'Ha you look like (my teacher's name who I don't like)' Just because I put my hair a certain way for that lesson and it really got to me.

In other news, I still haven't heard back from the sixth form I applied to and I'm kinda worried....

Time to tell you about my day:

• Period 1/2- Double French. YAY! (sense the sarcasm?). My friend and I messed around the whole lesson so it really wasn't that bad.
  • Period 3- Maths. Trigonometry, I love maths so much so I was really excited to do this topic (You guys should know me by now)
  • Period 4- English. We had a cover but when that comment was made it made me feel bad idk why though... But I had a fun lesson none the less.
  • Period 5- Physics. Boring Stuff. Waves and stuff
  • Period 6- Chemistry. We did a test on the Earth's atmosphere, which was really not that hard so I'm not really bothered about it.

Well I hope your day was better than mine and Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask any questions!
Question: how r u applying for sixth form already? I mean I ain’t the brightest guy but I thought u needed to show some grades or somin like that. Sorry, I shoulda said hi first or somin instead of jumping straight to questions. And try not to be worried, it just adds to all the stress of yr11, trust me. If it makes u feel better I’ve got science lessons till like 8pm (literally for the entire day) on Valentine’s Day! (Not that I was going anywhere cuz we’re not allowed off campus but still)
LucyOr15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
he he I found you too
He he honestly you so sweet much love for you
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mujstar)
Question: how r u applying for sixth form already? I mean I ain’t the brightest guy but I thought u needed to show some grades or somin like that. Sorry, I shoulda said hi first or somin instead of jumping straight to questions. And try not to be worried, it just adds to all the stress of yr11, trust me. If it makes u feel better I’ve got science lessons till like 8pm (literally for the entire day) on Valentine’s Day! (Not that I was going anywhere cuz we’re not allowed off campus but still)
Don't worry about it
They used my predicted grades and my head of year had sent them a reference about me. Yeah, it's not the end of the world if I don't get in there because the school I attend now is my first choice anyway.
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 hours ago
Hello everybody!

Yesterday I came back from my school trip to Berlin, Germany so I am SOOOOOOO TIRED! But it was honestly the best weekend so I'm not really complaining. So here's what we did.......

[*]I woke up on Friday at 3am and arrived at Berlin at 11:30. We met our tour guide Phil (amazing guy) and visited the Reichstag building, The memorial of the unknown rapist, The Brandenburg gate, The Kinder-transport memorial and Climbed up the TV tower. I also cried that night because some friends came over to our room and kept looking out the window and saying that some boys were staring at us. It freaked me out and frustrated me because I kept saying to them not to because it wasn't their room but they did anyway.

• On the Saturday we visited Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, The 1936 Olympic Stadium and The Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church.

• Then, on Sunday, we visited some gold plaques that lined the street outside of homes in the Jewish quarter of Berlin because it depicted where certain families lived during the war. We also went to the train station where they had transported thousands of Jews during the war and it showed the date, how many Jews were on board and where it was going to. then we visited the Berlin Wall memorial and the memorial of the murdered Jews of Europe.

• Finally, yesterday (Monday), we visited the DDR (East Germany) museum as well as having an audience with an eye witness who was 12 when the Berlin Wall fell. We also visited the Stasi museum (who I definitely want to learn more about) and had a close call with a woman who kept staring at us and wanted to join our tour. SMH.
[*]
Definitely the best trip I've been on and I so excited for our trip to Poland in October!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask any questions.
5hyl33n
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 hours ago
Hello everybody!

Yesterday I came back from my school trip to Berlin, Germany so I am SOOOOOOO TIRED! But it was honestly the best weekend so I'm not really complaining. So here's what we did.......

[*]I woke up on Friday at 3am and arrived at Berlin at 11:30. We met our tour guide Phil (amazing guy) and visited the Reichstag building, The memorial of the unknown rapist, The Brandenburg gate, The Kinder-transport memorial and Climbed up the TV tower. I also cried that night because some friends came over to our room and kept looking out the window and saying that some boys were staring at us. It freaked me out and frustrated me because I kept saying to them not to because it wasn't their room but they did anyway.

• On the Saturday we visited Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, The 1936 Olympic Stadium and The Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church.

• Then, on Sunday, we visited some gold plaques that lined the street outside of homes in the Jewish quarter of Berlin because it depicted where certain families lived during the war. We also went to the train station where they had transported thousands of Jews during the war and it showed the date, how many Jews were on board and where it was going to. then we visited the Berlin Wall memorial and the memorial of the murdered Jews of Europe.

• Finally, yesterday (Monday), we visited the DDR (East Germany) museum as well as having an audience with an eye witness who was 12 when the Berlin Wall fell. We also visited the Stasi museum (who I definitely want to learn more about) and had a close call with a woman who kept staring at us and wanted to join our tour. SMH.
[*]
Definitely the best trip I've been on and I so excited for our trip to Poland in October!

That sounds like a really fun trip! Glad you had fun! How is GCSE revision going?
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 hours ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
That sounds like a really fun trip! Glad you had fun! How is GCSE revision going?
Honestly so tiring, I still got to finish my Macbeth notes but when I've finished those I feel like I could probably relax a bit.
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
Honestly so tiring, I still got to finish my Macbeth notes but when I've finished those I feel like I could probably relax a bit.
Make sure you do take plenty of rest over the break! :hugs:
Mujstar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
Hello everybody!

[*]

[*]No offence but that legit sounds like half of my history content come to life. I mean if u go anywhere with ur friends it’s always lit and that’s probably my favourite bit of revision, not doing any (if that makes sense). I do hav a question tho; how are u doin ur Macbeth notes? Like I got Macbeth aswell for my Shakespearean text and I’ve done jack-all for revision for it.
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 minute ago
(Original post by Mujstar)
[*]No offence but that legit sounds like half of my history content come to life. I mean if u go anywhere with ur friends it’s always lit and that’s probably my favourite bit of revision, not doing any (if that makes sense). I do hav a question tho; how are u doin ur Macbeth notes? Like I got Macbeth aswell for my Shakespearean text and I’ve done jack-all for revision for it.
[*]Don't worry I don't take offence to that
I'm doing my Macbeth notes by character, themes, plot summary for each act then a key quote bank. I use Seneca to make my notes as they break down the most important points for you and they have a quotes course as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (185)
67.52%
No (89)
32.48%

Watched Threads