MSt Art History & Visual Culture Oxford Watch

ctgryn11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone applied to the MSt in Art History and Visual Culture for 2020-1? I just submitted my application. There doesn't seem to be too many of us around.

For those of you who did this program at Oxford, what was it like?
Sam547
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ctgryn11)
Has anyone applied to the MSt in Art History and Visual Culture for 2020-1? I just submitted my application. There doesn't seem to be too many of us around.

For those of you who did this program at Oxford, what was it like?
Check out the oxford postgraduate applicants thread - you might have more luck there.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...757382&page=8#
Mottejotte
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I did the course last year if you have any questions. Good luck with your application!
taylor9888
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I applied also. What is your specialty area?
Dotia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! I applied for the Mapping East and West option. Also applied to Courtauld - the waiting is killing me haha!
Dotia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
p.s. only two of my referees were submitted on time and the third one is still ignoring me... I read from the course webpage that they will start review my application with two references and they will contact me if a third one is needed. So I am assuming that I don't need to chase down my third referee until the admission team asks me?..
ctgryn11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dotia)
Hi! I applied for the Mapping East and West option. Also applied to Courtauld - the waiting is killing me haha!
Hi! I applied for the same thing! With any luck we'll see each other there (fingers crossed.) As far as the reference letter, I did read that you could submit with two references but you can't get a decision until the third one is submitted, so I think you'll be fine (I had to chase down the third reference too.)

Good luck, hope you get in!
Dotia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ctgryn11)
Hi! I applied for the same thing! With any luck we'll see each other there (fingers crossed.) As far as the reference letter, I did read that you could submit with two references but you can't get a decision until the third one is submitted, so I think you'll be fine (I had to chase down the third reference too.)

Good luck, hope you get in!
ah brilliant - yes hope to see you there! Did you apply to Courtauld as well?
That's a relief! thanks for your information x
Dotia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mottejotte)
Hi! I did the course last year if you have any questions. Good luck with your application!
Hi! how do you find the course overall? was it more independent research based or?
- and how is the career aspect?
thanks!
Mottejotte
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dotia)
Hi! how do you find the course overall? was it more independent research based or?
- and how is the career aspect?
thanks!
I enjoyed it! I did not find that the teaching component of the course really impacted on your essays/ dissertation that much so I would say the course does encourage independent research. People's experience of the course really depended on their tutor/course leader so I would definitely ask around before you pick. I have found career prospect to be alright - Oxford definitely helps if you want to venture out of the art-world. If you are committed to a career in history of art I think an institution like the Courtauld has the same (if not better) reputation.
taylor9888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone have any idea when we might hear? Other departments seem to know when the department should send out letters?
ctgryn11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by taylor9888)
Does anyone have any idea when we might hear? Other departments seem to know when the department should send out letters?
No clue, I haven't seen anything as far as a potential date. I've been refreshing GradCafe like mad with no luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (290)
65.61%
No (152)
34.39%

Watched Threads