The Student Room Group

angry af with my bf for ruining my friday night

guess he had a bad day at work or something,so of course he had to take it out on me,we were supposed to go out tonight. 'i don't feel like it' fine, i get it. but then he hd to start a huge argument when i wanted to go out on my own trying to make me look crazy, saying i was already drunk, and would get into trouble'again' which isn't true. literally had 2 drinks and some valium earlier due to relaly bad anxiety after a nightmare, so nowhere near drunk.
didn't feel like arguing so stayed home. was this the right thing to do or should i have ignored him? but now i regret it, in fact i regret many things. i'm just bored with everyhing at this point.
edit also this actually happens a lot so im not the one being unreasonable
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey,
Sorry you haven't been feeling too good, I hope you feel better soon!

In regards to your BF, maybe wait a while for both of you to calm down a little and then have a chat with him about his day (etc) & get to a conclusion on what was wrong.

In regards to him having an issue with you going out alone AND that it's happened before - that's worrying. You should be able to do as you wish.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Wish you the best :smile:
Reply 2
thanks..yh maybe tomorrow. might just watch netflix or idk.
Original post by Ciel.
guess he had a bad day at work or something,so of course he had to take it out on me,we were supposed to go out tonight. 'i don't feel like it' fine, i get it. but then he hd to start a huge argument when i wanted to go out on my own trying to make me look crazy, saying i was already drunk, and would get into trouble'again' which isn't true. literally had 2 drinks and some valium earlier due to relaly bad anxiety after a nightmare, so nowhere near drunk.
didn't feel like arguing so stayed home. was this the right thing to do or should i have ignored him? but now i regret it, in fact i regret many things. i'm just bored with everyhing at this point.
edit also this actually happens a lot so im not the one being unreasonable

Sounds like as he didn’t fancy going out he didn’t want you going out either. Not sure but could sound like he’s worried about you drinking/Valium so it could be that he expressed it wrong as he was frustrated.

Make it clear to him that him not wanting to go out doesnt mean you can’t! Plus he bailed so he had even less right to say anything.

Let yourself calm down before you speak to him but put him straight!

Quick Reply