Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently interning at a BB in London, but am considering another internship for next summer. I'd like to apply for a couple of positions in NY and Sydney, but was wondering if they're any more or less competitive than say, gaining an internship in London? I don't want to waste applications if there's pretty much zero chance...

ReputationRep:
    i think your best best would be to ring the company up. i would imagine you'd have an equal chance against other people who are entering for the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    i think your best best would be to ring the company up. i would imagine you'd have an equal chance against other people who are entering for the job.
    I'm not concerned about being discriminated against, I know all applicants have an equal chance. What I was worried about was that NY/Sydney internships are even more insanely competitive than ones in London. Anybody know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daffidov)
    I'm not concerned about being discriminated against, I know all applicants have an equal chance. What I was worried about was that NY/Sydney internships are even more insanely competitive than ones in London. Anybody know?
    oh, i thought you meant compeative as in competative to getting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    oh, i thought you meant compeative as in competative to getting it.
    What I want to know is if they're more competitive than London internships to get. Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    What I want to know is if they're more competitive than London internships to get. Anyone know?
    i think it'll depend on which internship placement you want. have you any preferences because i have family living in Australia (being part-Ozzy myself) who also have family living in the US, so i can ask around if you can give me more details.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently interning at a BB in London, but am considering another internship for next summer. I'd like to apply for a couple of positions in NY and Sydney, but was wondering if they're any more or less competitive than say, gaining an internship in London? I don't want to waste applications if there's pretty much zero chance...
    are you at univeristy?

I'm going to guess NY, more competitive (since fewer places are genuinely free due to extensive legacy/alumni system) and Sydney, less.

But this is guessing.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.