Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't sure where to post this.

I was just wondering when you get a new lock fitted for an internal front door, how many original keys come with it? I can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Two or three, im guessing.

I guess it's different for all different locks though.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 with a new front door lock. It's a terrible lock though, really easy to pick. I'm hoping no one tries that at my house. The lesson is don't skimp on security.

ReputationRep:
    Usually three - one for when you lose your first one, then one for when you lose that.

ReputationRep:
    We got two with our new house door.

ReputationRep:
    Do you honestly think there's some sort of standard for this? It depends on your locksmith and what you ask for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steelmole)
    I got 3 with a new front door lock. It's a terrible lock though, really easy to pick. I'm hoping no one tries that at my house. The lesson is don't skimp on security.
    Well stick a Yale lock on it as well then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Well stick a Yale lock on it as well then
    Yale locks are also easy to pick..

You need either a 5 lever or 7 lever mortice lock. No ones gonna be able to pick that. (It might also give you a slight discount on your home contents insurance)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    Yale locks are also easy to pick..

You need either a 5 lever or 7 lever mortice lock. No ones gonna be able to pick that. (It might also give you a slight discount on your home contents insurance)
    Not as easy. The yale lock I had before had security pins in, makes it quite a bit harder to pick.

we were supposed to get two but we asked for four. if you buy one from a shop you get two

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.