The Student Room Group

how long does it take to fly to the south of france?

im going to st. tropez in a couple of weeks and i was just wondering roughly how long the flight will be?
anybody know?

thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Where from in the UK? London?

Couple of hours max.
Reply 2
well the nearest major airport is in Nice Cote D'Azure airport and Nice is roughly 60+ miles from St tropez. Theres alot of traffic jams in the summer as the french usually swarm to the south at this time and so do tourists alike. the other best alternate route is to take a train from Nice to St Raphael and on there by boat from St Raphael to St Tropez and id assume it would probably take a good half of the day gettin there, the longest bit would be gettin from Nice to St Tropez.
When i flew from bristol too bordeaux it took roughly 2 hours
Reply 4
sorry went over board with detail...depends totally on the airport your travelling to but it woudint be no more than 2 n 1/2 hours.
Here:

http://travel.aol.co.uk/flight-duration/article/20060720054209990001

If Acid Trip is right and Nice Cote d'Azure is the nearest airport, it'll be 1-2 hours. However, I'd say between 2 and 3 (allowing for delays etc. :rolleyes:).
Reply 6
oooo sorry i forgot to say im flying from gatwick :smile:
it only took me 50 mins to get to Germany, and we went over France. so it should be less than this, surely :s-smilie:
About 2 hours, and then you have to get from Nice to St Tropex, which depending on the traffic and what route you take, could take a few hours.
Flying from Manchester to Nice usually takes us between 1hr30 and 2 hours, so from Gatwick I'd estimate about 1/2 an hour less than that, so I'd estimate around 1hr30. However, when you book the flights it usually says approximately how long the flight takes, doesn't it?

EDIT: Just looked on Easyjet, and they estimate 2 hours, from the departure and arrival times. There'd be no reason for it to be any different with other companies.
wes
:dong:

You can't have gone over more than a little corner of France. France extends much further south than Germany does ! :p:

:P okay, i'll let you off :biggrin:
I'm going to St Tropez too but roadtripping it down.....I've stayed near it like 4 times now...but want to go out in st tropez this summer...ive heard vip room is very good, but you have to buy like £100 bottle of vodka or something to get in....is this true? and ive heard good things about caves du roy? any suggestions?
From london to nice about 1 3/4hrs. We usually get a taxi as the trains, buses etc are a nightmare, you never know when their running, IF there running. We got stuck for 3 hrs waiting for a bus only to find it wasnt running at all and we had to walk miles. If you can afford a taxi which is about 250.00 euros return a car its well worth it. If you havent been before its wonderful, but be warned, a cup of coffee on st tropez front is around 4.00 in our money, its not a cheap holiday, but i love it. So make sure you take everything you need, its not like spain where you buy all your toiletries out there to save weight, then throw whats left away before you come back.
Why don’t you just do the normal thing and look at the flight time on skyScanner or an airlines website....

Quick Reply

Latest