The Student Room Group

UCAS predicted grades

If I don’t have predicted grades yet and since the deadline is awfully near, can I send in my application then contact my university choices to send in my predicted grades?
Original post by jess0809
If I don’t have predicted grades yet and since the deadline is awfully near, can I send in my application then contact my university choices to send in my predicted grades?

You don’t provide predicted grades. They’re requested as part of your reference.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don’t provide predicted grades. They’re requested as part of your reference.

My school hasn’t requested for predicted grades from teachers yet so none of the teachers have predicted anything and my referee didn’t include it in the reference. Since this is the case, can I (or my referee) contact my uni choices and send them the predicted grades after we get them?
My school hasn’t requested for predicted grades from teachers yet so none of the teachers have predicted anything and my referee didn’t include it in the reference. Since this is the case, can I (or my referee) contact my uni choices and send them the predicted grades after we get them?

It’s quite common for non uk applicants to apply without predictions. They often aren’t required. Contact your universities to ask if they’ll need them and let them know when they’ll be available.

Your referee should have explained this within your reference.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
It’s quite common for non uk applicants to apply without predictions. They often aren’t required. Contact your universities to ask if they’ll need them and let them know when they’ll be available.

Your referee should have explained this within your reference.

Oh, I see. Do I contact them before or after I submit my application? Or does it not matter when as long as I contact them in the end?
Oh, I see. Do I contact them before or after I submit my application? Or does it not matter when as long as I contact them in the end?

If they want your predicted grades, they will contact you - and you will then have to arrange for your school/college to send them to each Uni, ie. you cannot provide your own predicted grades, the response email must come from your school.
Reply 6
Original post by returnmigrant
If they want your predicted grades, they will contact you - and you will then have to arrange for your school/college to send them to each Uni, ie. you cannot provide your own predicted grades, the response email must come from your school.

I see. If my referee has not mentioned anything about the predicted grades, will this affect anything? As in, will the universities just not ask for my predicted grades and just reject my application?
I see. If my referee has not mentioned anything about the predicted grades, will this affect anything? As in, will the universities just not ask for my predicted grades and just reject my application?

Thats very unlikely unless you clearly dont meet the other requirements like GCSEs.
If you are worried about this - call the Universities on Monday. They wont mind and it will put your mind at rest.
If something is missing from your application that is required, eg reference, predictions, in 99.9% of cases the Uni will ask you to arrange for this information to be sent to them. Many applications received are incomplete in some way so they would really be shooting themselves in the foot by rejecting them immediately unless the course was incredibly oversubscribed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending