Want more information about this university?
Mystery2420
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I want to apply for medicine but I do not want to do maths for a level. I definitely want to do chemistry and biology (which I know is compulsory to have for medicine) but I am still choosing my 3rd subject. I was thinking of business studies or history as I am getting 8's (A*) in them right now in my GCSE mocks and I really enjoy those subjects. I am leaning more towards business because I enjoy it more than history and because the A level business teacher is better than the history one. Will I be accepted into Birmingham university with a business A level because they said
"General Studies:
Not accepted. Critical Thinking is also not accepted. Other non-standard subjects may not be accepted. Please contact us for advice"

is business studies a non standard A level subject. Id rather do business, biology and chemistry and get AAA than do maths and get AAC
username5093898
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
as it says, contact them for advice. they’ll probably have an email or something somewhere where you can ask
Mystery2420
Rep:
?
There isn’t an email 🥴
Mystery2420
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bmg1374)
as it says, contact them for advice. they’ll probably have an email or something somewhere where you can ask
There’s no email to contact them
Laycity
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Mystery2420)
Hi, I want to apply for medicine but I do not want to do maths for a level. I definitely want to do chemistry and biology (which I know is compulsory to have for medicine) but I am still choosing my 3rd subject. I was thinking of business studies or history as I am getting 8's (A*) in them right now in my GCSE mocks and I really enjoy those subjects. I am leaning more towards business because I enjoy it more than history and because the A level business teacher is better than the history one. Will I be accepted into Birmingham university with a business A level because they said
"General Studies:
Not accepted. Critical Thinking is also not accepted. Other non-standard subjects may not be accepted. Please contact us for advice"

is business studies a non standard A level subject. Id rather do business, biology and chemistry and get AAA than do maths and get AAC
Most medicine schools (including Birmingham) don’t care about the 3rd A level so you are free to do what you enjoy and are most likely to get an A in. There’s nothing wrong with Business Studies
Mystery2420
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laycity)
Most medicine schools (including Birmingham) don’t care about the 3rd A level so you are free to do what you enjoy and are most likely to get an A in. There’s nothing wrong with Business Studies
Okay, I feel wayyyy more reassured!!! Thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.29%
I'm not sure (59)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.43%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (625)
48.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed