Donne Holy Sonnet: “Batter my Heart” poetic techniques Watch

studentsophie07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have an English prelim on Tuesday for higher english and our teacher has not taught us much about the poem. She has told us one of the questions will be on poetic techniques from this sonnet by John Donne. Anyone able to suggest any poetic techniques that are within this poem with an analysis? Thanks in advance
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by studentsophie07)
I have an English prelim on Tuesday for higher english and our teacher has not taught us much about the poem. She has told us one of the questions will be on poetic techniques from this sonnet by John Donne. Anyone able to suggest any poetic techniques that are within this poem with an analysis? Thanks in advance
:wavey:

I can't really help with your question, as never studied that poem, but just wanted to say hope it goes well tomorrow Try not to worry/panic about that section too much and perhaps when you're doing the paper tomorrow do the sections you're more confident with first. If the teacher hasn't really covered it much, that will likely reflect in the marks of the whole class, so it will probably let them know they need to spend more time on it after the prelim.
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by studentsophie07)
I don’t know about this poem but some of techniques you might look out for are: Metaphor, simile, extended metaphor, oxymoron, alliteration, synecdoche etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (78)
14.03%
1 (72)
12.95%
2 (69)
12.41%
19.6%
21.94%
19.06%

Watched Threads