hobashir
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What does the union Jack flag mean to you?
What does the poppy mean to you ?
What do veterans mean to you
learner38
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing.
princetonalec
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Union jack: Nothing, it's just a flag.
Poppy: remembrance, but I have a terrible memory so I always forget what type of year.
Veterans: Dads one, but considering how terribly the British military treats its veterans I don't really like the concept of becoming one. Fighting for your country for years only to be left no job, terrible pension, and no mental health support? I'm strictly anti military and anti war, and i'm also disgusted by how the people who engage with them are treated by a government who was more than happy to put their lives on the line only to throw them to the side when they got 20 years out of them.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
something too difficult for me to draw
nothing much
cute elderly people
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Britain, really. I mean, it's a bit like saying what the word "Germany" means to someone - pretty much the totality of the subject it represents. Sure, everyone has their own memories and impressions of things: I guess you could speak about it flying over the local park on special days or the old flags laid up in the village church or something like that. But that's just your personal experience, it doesn't really say anything about the meaning of the thing.
Pencil
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's the symbol of the country I'm from, so it's homely.

It's also very controversial, so I tend not to wave it around like a crazed nationalist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads