othack
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello,
basically, me and my friend will hopefully be going to bath spa university in 2021 (we'll be 19) but we really would like to live together. for many private reasons we both feel halls really wouldn't work for us and we would like to live together in any way such as;
2 bed house/flat
1 bed flat/house
2 bed private halls (not sure if they exist in bath)
we're both planning to do a gap year next year and work full-time and save as much as possible. our question is though will this be okay?
will landlords accept two 19 year olds?
is it more expensive? we've seen that bath spa halls are about £650 per month so our budget would be about £1200 per month and we will have savings
when should we view places? we were planning if all is well to come up in October half term and look and (hopefully) get somewhere as we don't live in bath
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by othack)
hello,
basically, me and my friend will hopefully be going to bath spa university in 2021 (we'll be 19) but we really would like to live together. for many private reasons we both feel halls really wouldn't work for us and we would like to live together in any way such as;
2 bed house/flat
1 bed flat/house
2 bed private halls (not sure if they exist in bath)
we're both planning to do a gap year next year and work full-time and save as much as possible. our question is though will this be okay?
will landlords accept two 19 year olds?
is it more expensive? we've seen that bath spa halls are about £650 per month so our budget would be about £1200 per month and we will have savings
when should we view places? we were planning if all is well to come up in October half term and look and (hopefully) get somewhere as we don't live in bath
1. Yes its fine although note you wont be with lots of freshers, so you need to use social skills and societies plus coursemates as your way of making friends.
2. will landlords accept two 19 year olds? Yes absoluetely fine. You must realise though these are commercial transactions, so once signed you are bound for 52 weeks and they will sue you unless you pay, so make 100% sure you wnat this. The only way out will be to find a replacement.
3. is it more expensive? we've seen that bath spa halls are about £650 per month so our budget would be about £1200 per month and we will have savings? Unis are based on contracts like 36 or 42 weeks, hence halls being more expensive on a weekly basis. Rentals are based on rent being over 52 weeks hence they cna be cheaper at face value on a weekly basis, but you will be paying over the summer when you might not be there. Do not sign until you are ready.
4. when should we view places? You have loads of time so id say April/ May or even later. Just keep an eye out and check. Just remember once you sign you are bound.
5. Dont forget friends or couples can fall out so address that issue.
6. You are likely to need 4-6 weeks deposit and 4 weeks rent or they may want you to pay it on a termly basis.
7. You can start looking here as to whats available and how much. Also contact abth spa as they might have recommedned landlords.
https://student.spareroom.co.uk/flat..._id=919232224&
https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshar..._id=919232695&
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/pro...source=to-rent
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.98%
They've been reasonable (77)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (49)
26.06%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest